Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electrical system dead!! Please help!!!

hurleyii

Ok I have a 912h with a new ignition switch and solenoid now and still

spark or starter. Ive checked all connections under the dash and depending on the wire its close to 12v of power or around 2-3 mV

Of course all my dealer can say is bring it in and will take a look at it.

Starter does work if I jump it but no spark!

Please help as its getting cold and I have to have this for the winter!

Ive crossed the hydro drive lever safety switch, the PTO, and checked the front electrical PTO safety and its jumped already.

I haven't tried to jump both safety's at once but I'm assuming both wouldn't fail at once. Now that I've said that Ill go jump both switches. and keep you guys updated.

Thanks for all the help this is driving me nuts!

quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

Is there a safety switch, maybe under the seat, or on the PTO, that isn't being closed?

id="quote">
id="quote">I Just crossed both the PTO and Hydro drive safty, and the factory jump is in place for the front electric PTO. Part diagram number 33 circuit breaker has 12 volts going in and I'm only reading 6 coming out. Part number is 1665238sm

ok i tested the soleniod with 12 volts from battery. It works then which tells me the ignition switch should be bad seeing how only some key on are giving out 12v most are only giving out .3v !

Thanks for all the help she's up and running!

I called my local Simplicity dealer and explained everything, he asked me if i could read the back of the switch which I could of course and I read the letters off to him and it was indeed the wrong switch as he responded with,

" You have a coil ignition system not magneto. I can have the correct switch Wednesday."

I'm super happy with Pennigas Simplicity/Cub Cadet dealer in Demotte Indiana.

The AC/Simplicity Dealer in Rensalere did say he's not good at electric but he really seems to know the tractor very well besides that!

FedEx can suck it as it came in today, but it was correct part and tractor started right up. ^

Now to rebuild my leaky carb! Anybody have any good hints or tips?

quote:Originally posted by hurleyii

Now to rebuild my leaky carb! Anybody have any good hints or tips?

id="quote">
id="quote">First guess float setting and/or porus float. Either way carb will probably have to come off. Also pay attention to how the halves have to be separated. There is a 'freebe' engine manual that can be downloaded at the top of this forum.