Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wjmoore94

Allis chalmers 410m

wjmoore94

Hello all, I have a Allis Chalmers 410m I picked up last weekend . It was my great uncles tractor, he bought it new in '74. I have quite a few questions I would like to ask , first of all what model of tiller will fit it ( it originally had a tiller ,mower deck , and grader blade,but now all that's left is the grader blade.), and what gear oil should I use in the bevel box and tranny. Also , how can I tell when it was made ?, the serial number is 25841011, and the last thing is The lights where never wired up, what is the reasoning behind that. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Chris727

Welcome aboard!

Lights were an option. Does it have bulbs? If so then they should have had the switch and harness installed. As for the manufacturing date, there are no serial number records available for the tractors. The closest you can date it is through the serial number of the Kohler engine, if its still original. As for the tiller, do you still have the rear lift kit installed? The 300 Series and some of the early 400 Series used different hitch points and a larger upper lift rod/tube when compared to the Simplicity tractors. This was due to the anti-trust laws as can be read about:

http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/history.htm

My 416 is new enough that it has the standard 1" diameter rear lift tube so I can put Simplicity attachments onto it.