Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally got 3112h running after 3 years

Speedy2222

So about three years ago i was working with my dad and showed up on our second day to finish installing flooring in a house and out front sat a rough 3112H that had been drug up and was about to be loaded and taken in for scrap metal. Instead i paid $50 and pulled it home! I got it running very briefly when i brought it home but knew it needed pulled apart. The disengage for the rear end was broken and it was leaking like crazy. A rodent had called this thing home for a long time and it showed. Ok so fast forward to today, out of boredom i was searching craiglist and came across a rear end for my tractor. Knowing i needed this tractor running for the house i just bought it up and took it three hours north to my parents where the tractor has been sitting since i brought it home. I spent about eight hours doing a complete rear end swap in the tractor and fixing other minor issues that needed addressed. Though with all that work and sitting so long it fired right up and other than a couple sticky pivot points and mis-adjusted linkages the tractor drove great ran amazing. If you're still with me through that story, thanks for reading and look forward to the full restore that will happen winter 2015.

Bringing it home

downsized_0706011606.jpg

Halfway through the rearend swap

IMG_20141004_122434799_zps8sxjkzmm.jpg

All finished up

IMG_20141004_203528787_zpsnkforovo.jpg

IMG_20141004_203711347_zpsuq4yujnz.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Nice! I see an HB hiding in the background too8)

id="quote">
id="quote">Good eye. My dad has a few tractors. Hb-112, 212, 110, 112, and another 110 And if you're wondering.. yes we do use them.Picture024.jpgtractorlights3.jpgPicture353.jpgPicture357.jpg