Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New finds and updates

Bear

Picked up a Massey 2618 Hydro. Picked it up to fix the other simplicity below because the hydro was out. After cleaning the oil mess off the Massey found that the O ring on dipstick was missing. Put on a new O ring, been mowing with it for the last 2 months with no problems. The Simplicity will have to wait. Works great, but lurches and leaks oil in the transmission. Will wait till I find a new one.

Massey pic.jpg

Simplicity pic.jpg

Picked this tractor up from a friend along with a parts tractor with a new 16hp Briggs in it. So I put the revitalizer on this one and parted the other one out.

revitalizer pic.jpg

I installed the cab I got from Steve Trudell, still working on getting the blower installed for winter.

Allis Cab pic.jpg

Just for fun...here's a picture of my garden after plowing with the one bottom plow on my Allis 712 gear drive tractor.

Garden Plowed pic.jpg

Congrats on the Massey dOd glad you saved it before snatching the tranny.

also, nice looking machines...I would love to find a revitalizer near me.

Glad to see you got the cab on, you will have alot more fun blowing snow with it on and you out of that wind, believe me! You might have to have Michelle throw a handfull of snow in your face once in a while just for memories sake! Garden looks good too, wish I could have been there to turn a few furrows with you.That Massey looks good, should be a good worker for you for a long time, glad you saved it!

Steve