Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Let See Some Tire Pictures!

evan_geno

I have a Agco Allis 918H with 23x10.50-12 tires. Was wondering if anyone ever mounted 26x12-12's on this style of mower. I was thinking of a Deestone 26x12-12. If anyone had pictures of this brand and size, that would be great!

26x12-12 is a LOT of rubber under a Sovereign. Really serves no function, but if its your flavor they can probably be squeezed in

Sam...those Dee's of yours look MUCH different than the 23x10.5-12s and 23x8.5-12s I had and am used to seeing. I like those! Do you?

I went with them because they are a bit undersized too, but my 23x8.5-12s are so grossly undersized it makes a B series appear to have a front end "lift".

These are Firestones under a Homelite T10I guess about the only thing the same as what you are looking at would be the seat pan. :D:DJust had to post it though }:)}:)}:)

firestone 26 12 12.jpg

57e060f3450d9_firestone261212.jpg.660e9b3078a72b2086d9c86a53830af9.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

26x12-12 is a LOT of rubber under a Sovereign. Really serves no function, but if its your flavor they can probably be squeezed inSam...those Dee's of yours look MUCH different than the 23x10.5-12s and 23x8.5-12s I had and am used to seeing. I like those! Do you?I went with them because they are a bit undersized too, but my 23x8.5-12s are so grossly undersized it makes a B series appear to have a front end "lift".

id="quote">
id="quote">The Deestone 23x8.50x12 and 23x10.50x12 tires are so undersized they make whatever tractor they are on look distorted..sm00:YI like these 26's. They are about an inch and a half shorter than Carlisle 26's and give the Sunstar a better look in my opinion. Also I like the cleat design. I ran these all winter last year pushing snow without chains. Never had much trouble with slipping.These might not look too bad on a Soveriegn...

The only issue is the stock wheel offset will not get enough clearance to clear the cone clutch. You will need wheels with more offset to the outside.

The stock wheels (7.5" wide) are also too narrow for a 26x12x12 tire.

quote:Originally posted by MikeES

The only issue is the stock wheel offset will not get enough clearance to clear the cone clutch. You will need wheels with more offset to the outside.The stock wheels (7.5" wide) are also too narrow for a 26x12x12 tire.

id="quote">
id="quote">He could use wheel from a 2nd gen Wheel Horse 520. They are a wide rim with a deep offset.

The stock wheels on sovereigns are only 7.5? I figured since they are running 10.50 they would be 8.5. Anyway. I know deestones run smaller anyways, perhaps they would work on the sovereign without any trouble.

Below is a link to a pic of my other mower. This is a Cub Cadet 1250 with Deestone 8.50's. I wish I would have put the 10.50's instead. O well. Didn't realize when I bought them how undersize they are from their actual reading. They work well and haven't had problems getting traction. I did run these with chains in the winter and hardly got stuck.

1974 Cub Cadet 1250 - 10

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

These are Firestones under a Homelite T10I guess about the only thing the same as what you are looking at would be the seat pan. :D:DJust had to post it though }:)}:)}:)

firestone 26 12 12.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">These look awesome! But I know these are pricey.