Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

allis Big ten

thirdjoker

Just a few questions. I've been doing some reading on this tractor,my neighbors father has a big ten with the Hi-low transmission ,and hydraulic lift. are these rare options, or desireable?

The Hi-Lo and Hydolift are desired options and sell quite well as individual parts. The tractor is worth more with those options.

just got done talking to him. I can have it for $400. Runs, non original seat. going to look at it tommorrow after work. comes with a mowing deck.needs battery.He's going to get it started for me. This started because he found out through word of mouth that i was on the lookout for old mowers.

If you "like" the tractor and are prepared to put some time/money into it, and use it, then this is a probably a good deal. Today, the hydro lift unit setup and Hi-Lo unit would command the $400 price range.

Tom (PK)

To be honest... I do "like" it. But I know I will never use this tractor except to mow with. Kind of a shame really. I'll post pictures after I pick it up. Then see where i want to go with this. I was really looking for a mid 60's landlord.

Originally posted by goatfarmer

$400.00 for a "running" Big 10 with those options is more than fair, IMHO.

id="quote">Oh man...everyone of us here at one point probably intended to just mow or just blow snow or just pull a cart full of wood...then we got our tractor home and began to find out how capable they are to do so many tasks with so many great attachments!Nothing wrong with looking for that old Landlord...the AC will be an easy sell if/when you need to fund that. Im partial to orange myself ;)

Talntedmrgreen--- I get your point!!! about 2 years ago i had a push mower.Now I have a 1960 wheel horse suburban,A 1967 continental,A 1966 simplicity 707,A 2005 husqvarna 24/48/gt,And now this. LOL:)

cop Mark, I like to think of my self as a victim of this club, not a perpetrator 8O)

In all seriousness, I will never discourage someone from these old tractors (maybe from a bad deal, but not form the hobby itself)...unless of course, I'm trying to bring home the very same one 666

well.... strange turn of events. I spent the afternoon working on his tractor. was able to clean the points and reset them.new fuel line cleaned out the fuel tank. new gas and a battery, fired right up. nice little tractor- original---- here's where it turns. My neighbor really had a change of heart when once we got it running. the father and son started talking about the time they had spent together while the son was growing up and one thing turned into another. he asked me if I would mind if he kept it and give it to his son..I had to say yes!!! I could not take it home with me ... so I'm home with a empty trailer again, but i feel things turned out ok... the search continues. Any one have one for sale?

Nice job Darryl! You did your good deed for the day!dOd

I am big on the hunt part of the hobby myself. ..best of luck in your search and may the tractor gods smile upon you!0:)