Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Speedy2222

Picked up another 3112H.

Speedy2222

**Pictures Below**

Just out of boredom i got on craigslist one night and ran across a 3112H, wound up talking the guy down from half of what his asking price was and we set a date to go get it! So fast forward to last weekend and i drove 2.5 hours over into Illinois and grabbed it! Overall happy with it but i mostly just bought it part it out. Came with a complete 42" snowblower, #1 IH Cub cadet yard cart, 48" deck, 42" blade, two sets of wheel weights, and some tire chains too! After getting it home and really looking it over we decided it would be better to part it out instead of trying to restore it, So i also kept the hydraulic lift for the other 3112H i saved from the junkyard.

Well the tractor is completely torn now but hopefully the parts will all make it into rightful hands and can live on saving more tractors.

IMG_20141025_150615947_zps785e8e82.jpg

IMG_20141025_150607569_zps839ce8f1.jpg

here's a pic of my storage unit that is currently packed to the brim with stuff as i await closing on my house next week, both tractors are in there! well most of a second one anyway lol

IMG_20141026_125142396_zpsf9702a2f.jpg

Speedy2222

Forgot a picutre, in buying this tractor i also got all of the original manuals he had for it, a manual for the tractor, deck, and snowblower. I also got the original build and purchase order with an attached receipt! $1222 new for this bad boy

IMG_20141030_195832771_zps08f2e3ae.jpg

Speedy2222

As much as I would have loved to restore this one it had a really hard life and the engine had been replaced sometime in the 70s And had really low compression. Everything electrical needed rebuilt or rewired and for the cost it would have taken just to get it running right wasn't worth it in the long run

Speedy2222

It came down to either having two 3112h that both needed a lot of work or use one for parts to make the other nice. If I realized how upset people would get about someone parting a tractor I wouldnt have posted about it.

dhoadley
quote:Originally posted by Speedy2222

It came down to either having two 3112h that both needed a lot of work or use one for parts to make the other nice. If I realized how upset people would get about someone parting a tractor I wouldnt have posted about it.

id="quote">
id="quote">If someone wants to save it so much, sell it to them (for a modest profit, of course^) and let them have at it.:D

hurleyii

I've read on here that the 48" deck will work on a 7100 series. If this is so I would like the deck! Not sure where your located but I've been driving all over Indiana and Illinois for parts. Going to Anderson Ind. in the next two weeks for a snow blower! That will bring my list of attachments to 6 including one modified John Deer snow plow!