Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tire leak

dhoadley

I had a couple of old tire for my Broadmoors that had broken valve stems. I want to fill them with WW fluid for weight so I replaced the stems rather than get tubes. One leaked at a dry rot split in the tire; tube for you. The other leaks at the bead. I took emery cloth to the rim and a dry cloth to wipe down the rim and tire. I'm still getting just a little foam when I spray it with soapy water. Any suggestions to get it to seal tight? Thanx, Dave

Get new tires?;)

Not sure if you could use a puncture seal and then take the weight off of the tractor before you let the air out to fill with WW fluid...if seal would still hold??

Tube them both or get bead sealer. We use it alot on car tires especially the aluminum ones that get all corroded. Also a trick is to see where its leaking fill tire with air and hit the tire with a big mallet.

quote:Originally posted by CTD01

Tube them both or get bead sealer. We use it alot on car tires especially the aluminum ones that get all corroded. Also a trick is to see where its leaking fill tire with air and hit the tire with a big mallet.

id="quote">
id="quote">It leaks ever so slightly all around the bead. The quality of the tire itself looks fine. The bead area of the tire looks good as new, as does that area of the rim. There's no leaking in any dry rot areas. Dave

Lost 3 lbs. of air overnight. I don't have any bead seal kickin' around, but I do have wheel bearing grease. Worked like a charm!dOd Thanx, Dave