Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wife says I can start a fleet!

rich_kildow

After 2 years on our 10 acres and her seeing the 7116 do more than its fair share of leaf pickup, mowing, snow removal, and yard leveling, we had the following conversation:

Wife: "What would we do if it ever died."

Me: "drop $1500 to put a Briggs Vanguard in it, assuming it was the engine."

Wife: "And how much would it cost to buy a new mower that could do all this?"

Me: "Mmmmm, $3000 John Deere, $1500 snowblower, $1500 cyclone rake, and whatever a cab and plow cost."

Wife: "Maybe you should just buy another one like this so it can use the stuff we already have."

Me. "Done."

And so starts the quest to start a fleet...since one and a Craftsman doesn't really count as a fleet.

The question is, what other models are comparable to my 7116 and can use my blower, vac, cab, and front blade? I know about the 7117 and 7119, but what about the Allis and Agco model? 900 series? I don't care about the color, just that all my pieces fit together. Any anybody have one they want to sell in the upper midwest?!sm06

Hmmm that's tempting but I've worked all day to get my 912h and my 7112h

running! Still is very tempting to sell one of them. But I have 2 for the same reason!

My Allis dealer does have a brand spanking new 75th anniversary for sale for the low amount of 5,900.00 dollars!!

Hurleyii, let me know if you do, I might be interested.

Marty, there's a 30x40 pole barn just itching to be filled since I sold my truck this summer!

quote:Originally posted by rich_kildow

The question is, what other models are comparable to my 7116 and can use my blower, vac, cab, and front blade? I know about the 7117 and 7119, but what about the Allis and Agco model? 900 series?

id="quote">
id="quote">Simplicity: 7110, 7112, 7114, 7116, 7117, 7119, 7790Diesel, GTH=L, and Soveriegn through the year 2000Allis Chalmers: 910, 912, 914, 916, 917, 919, and 920DieselDuetz Allis: 912, 914, 916, 917 919?, and 920DieselAgco 918 through the year 2000Massey Ferguson2818 through the year 2000

quote:Originally posted by Marty-MN

My shed is 1050 sq + 120sq = 1170sq and the city only allows 1200sq for a out bulding so what do you do :D

id="quote">
id="quote">2nd floor..... and an elevator:D

The city said the secondary building cannot exceed the height of the primary building my home is a single level home with a tuck under garage. best I could do was what I built with a 12' ceiling a 16x10 door and a 10x10. ^

sometimes when you start it's hard to stop and then you need more storage :D

liftII.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">WOW!! I don't feel so bad at all after seeing this!:D

My shed is 1050 sq + 120sq = 1170sq and the city only allows 1200sq for a out bulding so what do you do :D

id="quote">
id="quote">Go underground??^

Rich, the Simplicity 3400 and 7000 series and Allis 700 series can also share most of your attachments. The only difference is that these generally require a front engine clutch to run the snow thrower instead of coming off from the cone clutch in the center of the tractor.

Though there are members here that have made the center drive for a snow thrower work on the 3499, 7000, and Allis 700 tractors.

Once you start building a fleet they just seem to single

you out and follow you home!!

The nice thing is after I got about 7 or 8 of them the

wife has a hard time keeping track,so I can always sneek

another one in.

quote:Originally posted by Willy

Once you start building a fleet they just seem to singleyou out and follow you home!!The nice thing is after I got about 7 or 8 of them the wife has a hard time keeping track,so I can always sneekanother one in.

id="quote">
id="quote">Problem I have is my girl says, "I don't remeber that tractor...is that one new?" With every darn one of my tractors..some I have had for 5 years!

quote:Originally posted by tweinke

Could you have your wife call my wife and set her straight? I keep telling her I need a tractor for each attachment. :D

id="quote">
id="quote">Let me know how that works out for you!sm00

Originally posted by fishnwiz
quote:
id="quote">As much as I'd love to help you out, I'm afraid things could just as easily go the other way.

Be careful what you ask for...I'm going back the other way, have 4 3112, 3212, Sunstar, Prestige, three stored outside - bad idea. Keeping up with them is getting too hard. I'm selling my Sunstar (My daughter (14) thinks my Sunstar looks exactly like my Prestige hmmm).

Have fun, the best part is looking around, it never really gets old. Selling is the hard part.

I vote for getting a diesel for your next one. They are much easier on fuel and one has to love the sound/smell of a diesel. Just watch out for chaff around the front cylinder jug, its the death nail for the rings in these. A better screen on the intake area of the engine is sorely needed. Mike

I picked up a 916H w/ hydro lift with a 48" deck this weekend for $350. It's a bit rougher than I would have liked but nothing I can't fix. This one may be a frame up restoration!

He had a new seat and brand new clutch for it. While we were getting stuff loaded, he came across a 42" Deutz-Allis deck that he threw in, along with an 6"10" 5 gang reel mower:

http://www.promow.com/products/pro_series_mower.htm

Hopefully I can sell that reel mower in the spring for at least what the whole deal was.