Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 916 look fors

rich_kildow

Going to get an allis 916 on Saturday with a 48" deck and a brinly landscape rake. He said the clutch needs to be replaced but the new one is in a box that he never get around to installing.

I know to check for slop in the BGB, but what else with these? I bought my 7116 sight unseen and really got lucky. This also has the Kohler cast iron engine in it, which I don't know like I do the Briggs cast single in my 7116.

Nothing is really any different from the 7116. The Kohler has a different counterbalance system that can have problems if a keeper gets worn though or breaks. You can't really spot their problems without doing exploratory surgery. If it runs good, quiet, and doesn't use oil I wouldn't get too concerned.

Sounds like the same one I was going to try to get this spring and ended up in the hospital. He did have a like new snowblower for it to if the guy is in Southern Wis I bet it's the same tractor. I was thinking it was a 7116 though with a Briggs.