Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Adding power steering, Landlord DLX

Chris727

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Eaton torque generator steering systems. I have a Landlord DLX 18/50 with hydraulic lift and manual steering. The power steering lines all appear to be in place from the factory and I picked up a torque generator from CarlH a couple of years ago. I just bought a few used parts off fleabay to make the install possible. The model number of my torque generator is the same as the one used by Simplicity but the manufacture number is different. I don't know what that refers to? Possibly differences in the shafts? I am planning to cut the existing steering shaft and gear to make them work in place of the OEM parts. Has anyone else done this?

Thank You.

Chris

SmilinSam

I got a complete ps setup off ebay a couple years ago from a DLX and installed it into my Sunstar that had manual steering. Works great!

However the mfg tag on the steering was Char-Lynn, not Eaton. Looked just like the one Carl had here with him though..

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=121234

Chris727
quote:Originally posted by Ronald Hribar

sounds like it is possible.But I am wondering how all the hydraulic lines are in place.or are there tees in the power out and return line ?

id="quote">
id="quote">Two lines are joined together and the 3rd is capped off. Going by the parts list they all had the lines in place if they had hydraulic lift.

Chris727
quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

I got a complete ps setup off ebay a couple years ago from a DLX and installed it into my Sunstar that had manual steering. Works great!However the mfg tag on the steering was Char-Lynn, not Eaton. Looked just like the one Carl had here with him though..http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=121234

id="quote">
id="quote">I think Eaton now owns Char-Lynn. I never researched it though. Thanks for posting the Sunstar build-thread. That's one awesome machine.