Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign snow thrower on Conquest

drbrian722

A few years ago I picked up a 42” spring trip blade for my Conquest that has handled wet snow duties ever since. Last year I picked up a 36” thrower for my Sovereign and they sat side by side in the garage ready for whatever comes. The single stage thrower handled the wet very well so the blade barely got used.

This year I picked up a 42” thrower for the Sovereign and would like to try to fit the 36” thrower on the Conquest. Because of the blade, I have the sub frame to physically connect the two, but I’m missing all the pulley work to get the vertical shaft PTO to the driven pulley of the thrower.

A search turned up a thread that sounds like what I want to do, but it’s from 2004 and the pictures are all gone. [http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41786]

Does anyone have any pictures of this so I can get a better idea of what I’m actually looking at?

Thanks!

Here's what I have already;

Brookfield-20120624-01015.jpg

As you can see it's the pulley setup that I'm missing. I would think that the pulleys should just be able to be moved over, but I've been wrong before.Could you get some pictures of the rear double pulley setup so I can see if the mounting point is the same on my sub-frame?

Brookfield-20120624-01015.jpg.f96c04c2874f91a6c8a03c1a9c55b7fc.jpg