Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

38" HD tiller adjustments

mike_sdak

Hello.Here are a few shots of the 917H with HD tiller. Came with Titan tru-powers, which are my first lug tires.

image009.jpg

The tiller belt isn't aligned very good. Firstly, the tensioner appears to be bent, pushing the belt to the tiler's left side.

image003.jpg

image005.jpg

The big pulley on the tiller doesn't seem to be very well aligned to the pulley on the tractor. This was difficult to capture in a photo. In looking at the hitch, I wonder if a person could loosen the yoke on the tractor side, and slide the square tube steel left or right to align the tiller? The following picture shows the yoke.

image008.jpg

image009.jpg.8bcc44f9931c89a11ea452362d2ef148.jpg

image003.jpg.5df93c02e5c6bfedda6e907b48e20675.jpg

image005.jpg.c4080530ce290826cc92b554058f79f9.jpg

image008.jpg.84c8ef76a911ab33334d4ead05ed6b8f.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts