Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mtoney

fender deck bracket for soft side cab

mtoney

Anybody have a picture of the tube bracket on the fenders and brackets from under the seat springs that support the back of the soft side cab? My cab I bought is missing them and I am guessing I will have to fabricate something to take its place. A pic would help me visualize what I need to find/make. Thanks Mike

drbrian722

I have a "parts cab" and it has a solid bar that gets screwed into the seatpan that looks like this;

cab roof and hardware - Copy.JPG

The later ones have this almost exactly but it has two flat pieces welded on the tube towards the center, aligned for the seat holes, that have a dog leg on them so that no new holes are required in the seat pan.I should mention this is for RBT, not FDT.

57e060fe15ec1_cabroofandhardware-Copy.JPG.7b78a5ee8d906e9e3409b8f45089367f.JPG

mtoney

Mine must be a later set up. I actualy think the cab came off a Sunstar. It has a square tube that is bent in the shape of a "U" that goes under the tractor to support the front of the cab. I see no way that would ever work on a large frame. That being said, I have adapted it to work with some extra plate brackets to tie it to the frame. I used a treated 2x4 across the fender deck to support the back of the cab. Just need to make some spacers to tie into the uprights that the doors latch to. I am almost there getting it mounted. Mike

DSC07436_zps4ba8a494.jpg

DSC07437_zpse26258f8.jpg