Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First snow?

rich_kildow

Do I get to claim the first snowfall? I mean real snow, not the whiffs we have been getting since mid october. If you go by the warning, we are in for 10-17" or more tonight. NOAA has my house smack in the middle of the 20.2" for this storm moving into Wisconsin tonight. I think that is almost taller than the snowblower on my 7116.

Yesterday was spent blowing 10" of insulation into my garage attic on top of the fiberglass batts, so it should be toasty this winter. I spent this afternoon getting the cab/blower/chains on, putting up snow fence, pounding in driveway edge markers, and cleaning up the pole barn so everything can move where it needs to. I think I'm ready!

Yes it is! We let school out at noon today and I got stuck 3 times on the way home...good thing I brought a shovel. We already had every bit of a foot on the ground by the time I was done blowing snow at noon and I'll do it again before bed.

That's good to know, Mike. My wife is at a conference in the Dells and has to come home tomorrow in the late morning. She was concerned about how far south the snow went.