Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Newest Addition

ZippoVarga

Picked this up from a scrapper last month. After a re-power (16hp), lights (Thanks Osenga, for the brackets!), rear sleeve hitch (Again, thanks Osenga!), and over sized tires, "Beast" is ready for Winter. A little history. The tractor was a barn find, where the Original purchaser (in 1970), used the Beast for about 15 years, then retired it to the barn where it sat, lifeless. That's right...for nearly 3 decades, left untouched until the estate was dissolved and the scrapper entered to clean things up. He had the forethought to possibly save this machine from the shredder and posted it on CL. I was notified by a good friend close by about the add and the next day I picked up Beast and gave him a new lease on life. Kudos to Scott, Bryan and the scrapper!! Onto the photos. The tires are 26x12x12 rear and 18x6.5x8 front. Very little was needed to get Beast up and running and everything was in amazingly good condition, including decals and paint and a seat with no tears!!

3210Va.jpg

3210Vb.jpg

A side note. This is the 3rd 1970 machine added to the collection, with the 3210V's big brother Hoss 3212V and little brother the 305 RER in attendance. These flat hoods are growing on me!! But I still love my earlier round hoods.

3210Va.jpg.46abcc52dd623b9495e3b6dc59e2b71b.jpg

3210Vb.jpg.76830b972bfd2069bfe4f5bcedd869a3.jpg

A Noble addition to the Fleet, Buddy!

A bleak week ahead (weather wise), including that yearly 4 letter word.

9not he one, when the thrower belt shreads/breaks). "Lucky" says Hi!dOd

Wayne

I'd love to convert either Beast or Hoss to a hydro, but I'm digging the variable. I just fine tuned the variable drive on Beast yesterday and he hooks up much better. No adjustments to belt wear had been performed before, so he didn't want to grab and go like he should. Now, I think I can knock down a mighty oak with him. I'll start cleaning up the surface rust and hope to save the white paint on the dash and side covers, but if not, I may go ahead and shoot the white with a new coat of enamel. The orange is in great original shape, so it'll stay as is. It's nice to have a restored 3200 series and an all original to set side by side. I was off on the color of the Hoss, but even after 7 years, the paint is still as shiny as the day I shot it. Gotta love that hard enamel! Here's the happy couple side by side.

3200.jpg

3200_2.jpg

3200_3.jpg

3200_4.jpg

Dats all folks!

3200.jpg.829f731f819814816d6a1d45a8b166e6.jpg

3200_2.jpg.bc0ccda06af20b29ba94c7ab152d1fdb.jpg

3200_3.jpg.00051f6fa2ea3a52908e506042741fb8.jpg

3200_4.jpg.da4fc9e0a0a53f2759e640a119d099b0.jpg

I'm gonna have to start hoarding these and selling them to you for huge money instead of telling you about them!!! Heehee, just kidding, this tractor is YOU!! I'll stick to my small frame stuff for now.

They're Dico's. Carlisle now owns the molds for these tires and they're still available through them. It's funny....The "D" on each lug is still present with the Carlisle branded Tru-Power tires. So the Dico legacy lives on! lol

Nice tractor Zip!!

I too am diggin the flat hoods of late. I got a 3012v waiting its turn for a resto. and I think the variable trans is now my favorite. It gives infinite speeds and still has foot control (to slow down) while manuvering around trees, etc.

I love the look of the oversized tires dOd

I myself am taking a liking to the flat hoods. Always loved the look of the round hoods til I picked up my 3112h. To me they need wide tires with that flat rear fender otherwise they look lost. Just my opinion.

Beast got to romp in the snow a couple days ago. Although just a couple inches, I was finished lickety split with the added ground speed and the variable. I'm diggin it more every time I hop on the saddle. And.....it gives my other hard workers a much needed reprieve from all the property duties. Thanks for the Kudos on the wheels and tires...Beast just demanded that aggressive meaty tire look. Now, to find a wider set of wheels. Although these are fine (8.5" bead to bead)I would like the tread a little flatter which a set of 10.5" (bead to bead and 12" over all width wheels would provide. The Dico Tru-Powers DO have a bit of dry rot, but the tires are tubed and only running 8psi to get as much life out of them as I can before a sidewall decides to blow out. Hopefully not for years to come.

Then, there are inner tubes, Buddy!. the only drawback with those is the length of the valve stems (very long). Ah! my favorite show is back on the Weather Channel;"Highway thru Hell".^

Actually, I found a set with short stems. Not so lucky with the tubed tires on the old Sears trailer. And, the stems on Beast are on the inside fortunately. When I test fit these onto the old Squire, I had to mount them stems out to clear the seat pan fenders, but the stems still didn't protrude past the side wall of the tire.

Never heard of that show! May have to check it out!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
    • CarlH
    • mbsengineer
    • maxwood
    • Darl Swartz
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts