Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite T-13 Tractor

1978Simplicity7016H

Hi guys! I have a Simplicity-made Homelite T-13 tractor. This winter I plan to put the snow plow on it. Sometime in the spring or summer when I am out of school, I am thinking about repainting it. I will try to get some pictures of it, but you will see that it does need a fresh coat of paint. My question is, have any of you repainted one of these? If so could you recommend a paint color that would look original on it? THANKS!

Hello 1978Simplicity7016H! It's your cousin. Glad to see you joined. Welcome to the club, and I'm proud to say that I helped getting that Homelite running. Whew! What a job.

EDIT:

Also, would recommend Ace brand Safety Blue and Krylon Ivory

Thanks Marty-MN! I guess that is an idea. Sorry about the pictures. I guess you have to be a dues-paying club member to put pictures in a message. It does have pretty bad paint on it though. It looks like it has sat outside everyday of its life. The whole top of the hood is solid rust. I did get it running, but now I have to get the electrical system up and running. It is a shuttle transmission, which looks and drives like it is in good solid shape (after adjusting it a little).

I use Rustoleum Royal Blue, #7727, rattle cans for my Allis Built T-16; it's a decent match IMO.Here's a pic of the NOS Allis 400 deck I repainted with that paint:

IMG_5753a.jpg

I don't know if the Simplicity built Homelites used the same paint color.

IMG_5753a.jpg.97d6e4a7ab37a5898849432ca7559b84.jpg

Thanks Bill! That looks pretty close to what it used to be. My cousin Simplicity7013H says he uses Krylon Ivory (white). I've seen his finished 3112 and think it is like the color of the hood on my Homelite. If I use Rustoleum brand paint, what color of Rustoleum do you use for the white? THANKS!

QUESTION?: have any of you seen a Simplicity built Homelite with the Simplicity decal on the front of the frame? All of the pictures I've seen of them don't have the decal. I have a feeling mine is very rare as it says Simplicity on the front. It is not orange but clear. Ya, a simplicity logo that has a blue background! It is possible that somebody put it on but it has been there a while.:)

Oh well, I will have to either have to use the Krylon Ivory, do more researching, or just get a Rustoleum white color that looks best.

Thanks guys, I will keep that in mind. I also may repaint a 727 Broadmoor and maybe my 3212H. Also, GLPointon's painting link was very helpful!