Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
oldbroketractor

what about the Simplicity 7117

oldbroketractor

OK guys I picked up that barn find 7117 and she runs like new after replacing the safety switch. Now for my question, I have tried to learn as much as I can with respect to the Model 7117 but aside from the 17 horse motor I don't find much on it. Lots on the 7116 and the 7119 but it seems like my 7117 is an orphan. Not a lot of implements or info on what fits and what will not. I adapted the hitch to work my Suburban plows, cultivator and disc, but have a belly blade I can't seem to adjust and not info on how to hook it to the hydro lift. Love this little work horse but tired of traveling to look at wrong parts. Was the 7117 limited production or is everyone protecting theirs like I do mine? I have the manuals but it appears, No common sense. Help me enjoy my toy.

B112_son

I'm not an expert but I know the 7117 is a pretty common machine and very desirable. 7117 is the same as the sovereign's from the 90's. I'm not sure of all of the years of production but I'm pretty sure they span over a decade. One of the best garden tractors in a lot of people's opinions. As for attachments anything from a simplicity 7xxx or 71xx should fit. As well as AC7xx and 9xx.

Not sure how your Suburban blade is set up but a simplicity would go through the 2 holes under the front axle where the deck and front attachments go. Then you will need a chain or cable to go from the blade to the hydro lift. Not sure where it attaches on the 7117 I only have FDT's. Sure someone will more knowledge will jump in and help.

PhanDad

As said above, the 7117 is just like all the other 7100 series tractors. All implements will fit and work fine.

That said, a belly blade wasn't a option for the 7100 series. However, we still use them by using the cable that lifts the mower deck. Some cable length or attachment point may adjustments may have to be made.

If you're not familiar with the cable that lifts the mower deck, it's shown on the "Hydraulic Lift Group" in the parts manual. One end of the cable attaches to the rock shaft, it goes over a pulley and down to the deck.

If you don't have a parts manual and can't read the mfg number of your tractor, mfg #1691957 will get you a 17-GTHL with hydraulic lift (a newer model of the 7117).

MikeES

Did they make a 7110 or a 910? The brochures that I have seen do not show them and I have never seen one. Otherwise the least common is the 7119 or 919. I think the rarest is the 917 6-speed.

As far as finding cheap tractors the most common of the 7100/900 series is the 7117/917 because of the short life of the KT17 engines.

cwm1276

I have a 7117h that I repowered with a 18hp command. With the newer engine it is nearly identical to tractors 10-15 years newer.

Great tractor overall. I run a mower, tiller and 42" snowblower. Not much can slow me down. When I did have 12" inches of snow across my drive, that was one of my few times I could not take a full pass without bogging down.

Just keep your eyes open as most simplicity attachments will fit.

mtoney

The series 1 KT17's were ok as long as you were on flat ground, on side hills the big end of the rods got starved for oil. Oil dripped/spashed down from the cam shaft to lubricate the big ends. The series II KT17's had the crankshaft drilled to lubricate the big ends right off the oil pump feed. Still a desirable tractor and like any big frame Simplicity/Allis, easily repowered when the time comes. Mike