Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winds Of Change, Lake effect style!

rokon2813

A few pics for browsing.These were submitted to a TV station. Taken within 50 miles of my house, today.Schools are closed as close as 20 miles away.We are in the middle of a 2 day winter storm warning.These are just random pics pulled from the website, put together and captioned for your amusement (and mine) :D:DI'll get mine sooner or later.I'm thinking today would be a GOOD day to get the mower deck off and the plow blade on at least ???

before and after snow.jpg

Ummm, gotta pee......

gotta pee.jpg

Try the back door.......

door snow.jpg

Maybe through the garage.....

garage door snow.jpg

where is that bush ??????

blowing snow.jpg

Meanwhile, here at home :o):o):o)

home snow.jpg

57e059e334b5e_beforeandaftersnow.jpg.2c3adc06e98d6f56b13e0529c984ec82.jpg

57e059e3b6ac4_gottapee.jpg.c3120e3efe5d584492f3a90f1be28297.jpg

57e059e3c6b13_doorsnow.jpg.690a4de719b2e376db89756d7a3cd094.jpg

57e059e3d9ddd_garagedoorsnow.jpg.763d93c5a0a8b1b378d6867da5272363.jpg

57e059e3eb9b8_blowingsnow.jpg.2670636b6e06868a0e204aa407f0cc42.jpg

57e059e40aa96_homesnow.jpg.9fc88ce0f1ee9bf59d80db142faae34d.jpg

Thought I would add this. Snow totals over the last 24 hours. Snow continues at a rate of 1 to 3" per hour till tomorrow sometime.I am where the red dot is.

snow totals.jpg

57e061036b558_snowtotals.jpg.7035c54885d8963016c998073369ee9d.jpg

Latest update posted by channel 13 a half hour ago with this caption;Considering southern Erie Co. could be approaching 4-5 feet of snow now, south of Buffalo COULD hit 8-9 feet in 36 hrsid="red">

8 to 9.jpg

57e061038007d_8to9.jpg.6da51f45fe79b93f5f6665afa6986878.jpg

I have been procrastinating to. still have the mower deck on mine and we have snow on the ground. now its 10 degrees and i don't want to mess with anything. lol

quote:Originally posted by ngale65

I have been procrastinating to. still have the mower deck on mine and we have snow on the ground. now its 10 degrees and i don't want to mess with anything. lol

id="quote">
id="quote">We just had a "dusting" over the weekend. Yrs ago when My SIL was stationed at Fort Drum, and living in Calcium NY. We sat in the kitchen one night and watched the LE snow rapiodly accumulate outside the glass storm door (snowflakes like quarters). I agree with Nathan, the tractor has the weights and chains on, now to make up my mind 42" or 46" blade mount, with a 15* wind chill!!! Brrrr!

We're just across the lake from all this snow, probably only about thirty miles north, and the ground is still visible. What he come has mostly melted, but it looks like more is on the way. When it gets as high as that, it is almost like the old Borg on Startrek say "resistance is futile". Stock up on everything and wait for a warm spell. I like your captions.

Dan,

Thanks for sharing the pics. I was wondering if you were getting buried.

Know of any club members in the heavy snow area?

quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

Dan,Thanks for sharing the pics. I was wondering if you were getting buried.Know of any club members in the heavy snow area?

id="quote">
id="quote">We got about 1/2" here last night. Still see grass poking through.Offhand, I don't know of any members in that area. I do remember seeing a couple newbies recently that might be, but don't remember for sure.

A couple of the weathermen have said this snow set a new record for the most in any 24 period anywhere in the continental US.

They are also saying, the heaviest hit areas may get up to 3 more feet by tomorrow night, giving the area more than the annual average in 3 days.

Not records to be proud of, considering last I heard, the death toll caused by the storm is up to 10.

There are hundreds of volunteers in the area helping with cleanup, that may well turn into flood control and pumping basements by the end of the weekend.

Forcasted high for Sunday is 50, and 62 on Monday.

Finally, the Bills have decided to cancel the next game. They were offering $10 an hour and free tickets to anyone who wanted to help shovel the stadium. Before todays and tomorrows new snow, an estimated 122 tons.

Wayne, Fulton is about 150 miles from Buffalo, different lake, different storm. If the wind changed direction a little then Fulton area gets dumped on too.If I can find it again, I'll post a pic of how well defined a lake storm can be.

more totals.jpg

57e06105839be_moretotals.jpg.bdb695465d83bf83acf91263cb0f27fe.jpg

quote:They were offering $10 an hour and free tickets to anyone who wanted to help shovel the stadium. Before todays and tomorrows new snow, an estimated 122 tons.id="quote">
id="quote">

It had to be way more than that! 122,000 tons maybe?

Originally posted by Brettw
quote:
id="quote">Lol, yes that is what I meant to type 122,000. Guess I should fire my proof reader :DI'm not a Bills fan, they couldn't get me to do it if it was 1.22 tons.;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PRMax9020
    • Tarheel
    • gwiseman
    • TheFlash300
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts