Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity paint codes

landlord2210

Does any one know the paint codes for a 1969 simplicity landlord 2210? Also if anyone in the grand rapids Michigan area know where I can get the paint mixed at a maybe put in a Rattle can? I don't have a air dryer for my compressor or any paint equipment. I've become pretty good with spray paint over the last few years. I already bought a decal kit off eBay but I couldn't find any paint.

Welcome Nick,

Well there are two schools here: Those who swear by "Rattle cans", and those who take the more classical auto shop approach.

I prefer the "rattle cans". I have two Landlords a '68 and a '69.

I use four basic Rust-oleum products.

1.for primer I like #249322 Self Etching Primer

2.for white areas; wheels,side panels, tunnel cover,etc. Canvas White Gloss Enamel #7789

3. for the engine,BGB, Transaxle ;#248932 Gloss Black Engine Enamel

4. for the frame, seat deck, hood, etc. #248947 Chevy Red-Orange Engine Enamel.

To make application easier, and more uniform, get a couple of the $3 paint handles that snap onto the can top. And have a ball!

Shop carefully, there is a Chevy Orange out there that is not an exacting match!dOd

How close is the Chevy red orange to the original color? I'd like it to be as close as possible it's not gonna be a museum piece but I'd like to have peace of mind knowing it's as close to orginal as possible. Also I thought the white was more of a off white cream color? Or are my eyes jus seeing thing differently?

The Chevy red/orange is close but not an exact match. It's the closest your gonna get in a rattle can. The origonal tractor color has a little bit more of a reddish hue to it.