Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
goodtimo

legacy

goodtimo

For year and years, I have always used my Dad's equipment...everything from a B1s all the way to his 1920 Ultima. But today, I finally bought myself a Simplicity. It's a 2001 Legacy with blower and rear suitcase weights. It's never been used in the summer, only in the winter to blow snow with out in the country on a private drive. Best of all, it looks showroom new and only has 140 hours. Very excited to continue the Simplicity tradition with my own family.

1.jpg

2.jpg

-Tim

1.jpg.a6f26b80dceffca0973560ac90e012d1.jpg

2.jpg.502ea505d6834b9525a1fb785cd2a3b1.jpg

goodtimo

I think I got it at a steal too for my area considering its shape, plus he delivered it for free. BUT, he couldn't find the original owner's manual for the blower or for the tractor. However, he did say he'd still look for them. In my experience those offers never pan out.

quote:Originally posted by Killer_A-C

That's a sweet tractor#128512;#128512;#128512;#128512;

id="quote">
id="quote">

huffy
quote:Originally posted by Burntime

Change out the sprocket on the side of the blower... It will make a huge difference!

id="quote">
id="quote">What sprocket size do you use, Mike? I assume you're going with a smaller one to speed up the auger so the snow will fling farter? If so, does it wear out the auger bearings any faster, etc?

goodtimo

Can you post a link to a sprocket like you referred to?

The original owner called me today and said he found the books, receipts, etc. So that's great luck. I did already download the manuals because I couldn't wait and was excited to see how everything is put together and how it all works. :D

When I got it, it wouldn't lift the blower more than a few inches off the ground, so I assumed it was low on fluid. Nope, today, I figured out that he had assembled the lift and ladder so that it was setup that way. So I undid two bolts and now it lifts up as high as it should. It's amazing how an inch by the lift can mean nearly 10 times that up above.

I was going to trade or sell the blower....but I played with it today...it's kinda cool (insert Tim Allen's grunt here).

Sign in to follow this