Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RandyBuxton

B110 Steering Wheel Shaft Collar

RandyBuxton

I'm not sure of the part name or number but I'm trying to figure out the part name and number and a source to buy it from,,,, the hard rubber or plastic collar that goes around the steering wheel shaft which sits on top of the instrument panel assembly.

I had to cut them off when I was removing the steering wheel. Don't ask. Big messy job that seemed like the only option at the time.

Thanks

fishnwiz

Not sure this item is available from a dealer anymore. ..you may need to watch ebay for someone parting a machine or find someone here through the want ads that has a parts tractor.

Best of luck on your search!

Brettw

I believe they are available at the dealer. They were used on multiple models, from the small to the large frame. And it hurts to buy one. Last one I bought (about a year ago) was almost $30.00

Chris727

steering.jpg

Is it # 31 in the picture?If so the part number is 2026952 and it is NLA. Nearest I can tell, only the B-110, B-112, and HB-112 used the cover. No Simplicity models used it.

steering.jpg.0f1d0ed10d4a0487068ff2b378c7630c.jpg

RandyBuxton

Yep, that's it! I wonder if the same material used for mower deck rollers would be suitable? And could you post a link for the manual where this diagram comes from?Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

steering.jpg

Is it # 31 in the picture?If so the part number is 2026952 and it is NLA. Nearest I can tell, only the B-110, B-112, and HB-112 used the cover. No Simplicity models used it.

id="quote">
id="quote">

rokon2813
quote:Originally posted by edlincoln

If someone could check to see if it is the same part# as a big ten or a b112, I could help, both of mine are tore down.?

id="quote">
id="quote">It is the same. ;)

edlincoln

The steering column bushing on my 68 B 112 is a hard nylon piece. It's 1.132" outer diameter (7ths over 1-1/8") 2-3/4" long with a 3/4" hole for the shaft. It sticks out above the dash 1-3/4". I don't know if the metal collar holding it in the dash is part of the dash or mfd on the nylon part.

And it looks different than the drawing that is posted above.

B112_son

I probably have one from a B110 that I had to part out. I know I have the steering wheel cause I just saw it over the weekend. If your interested PM me and I will look through the parts for it.