Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

TheLawnMowerMan

Kohler K532QS question.

TheLawnMowerMan

Will a Kohler K532QS fit into a Simplicity, such as a GTH-L or other long framed Simplicity or Allis Chalmers? Found one for sale that needs rebuilt and wondered if I could use it.

powerking_one

I would say this would be a "major" re-engineering fit trying to put one of these Kohler twin L-head engines into the frame (lots of cutting/chopping to make it work). These model series of L-head twins were probably the best and finest ever that Kohler produced, BTW.

Tom (PK)

TheLawnMowerMan

I am thinking I'm going to attempt to do it, just really wasn't sure how much larger the engine is in comparison to the standard KT17 engine. But the price is good and I'm up for a challenge. I just happen to have a older large frame simplicity I was tearing down that seems right for the project. When I get ready to get her going I will take some pictures. Can't wait to see how this thing turns out, should be fun!

MikeES

Its been done, does require frame modifications. Member ACB12 had one (used as a pulling tractor), he bought it with the 532 in it, but he will be able to explain the frame modifications.

TheLawnMowerMan

Picked up the K532QS Monday night and can't wait to get it into the tractor frame. Just going to mock it all up and get it all ready. Then going to pull the engine all apart and completely rebuild it. It should be a fun project and a fun tractor when it's all done. I will take pictures and post everything as the project progresses.

TheLawnMowerMan

Well I have discovered a huge problem, one of the rods is broken, and they discontinued them! I've been watching some used ones on eBay and they're not cheap. I'm hoping to pick up a set and have a spare in the garage. I don't understand why they still make pistons but not the rods for these engines. Anyway once I get a set and get it rebuilt I will post some more on the installation and build.