Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The new winter kid on the block..

SmilinSam

Last year I had a DA 917 for a main blowing tractor, the 05 Broadmoor for a backup, the Sunstar for the main blade tractor and a 914 for a back up. At least I think that was the line up.This year we have the snow pushin boys..

DSCN0369_zpse7b7b5be.jpg

The backup blowin outfit..

DSCN0370_zps09d33697.jpg

And...id="size6">The new kid on the block in his winter dress..

DSCN0360_zps825f6a0d.jpg

DSCN0361_zps29fa0b6a.jpg

DSCN0359_zps7a23a17d.jpg

DSCN0362_zps34b22485.jpg

Love the cab heater..Got the power rotator and power flap switches ahead and on each side of the steering wheel..

DSCN0363_zps37e63d54.jpg

Got the power rotator motor off ebay last summer for a fraction of what Kubota wanted for pretty much the same motor and setup..

DSCN0367_zps4dfd8c30.jpg

Thepower flap setup was bought for less than half the price of the Kubota setup too, also off Ebay. Its a fitall setup from a regular ebay seller.

DSCN0368_zpsa812c4a6.jpg

Windshield wiper above..

DSCN0364_zpsa11f1c23.jpg

Might be looking forward to snow this winterOO

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

That's like the fleet of a school or small municipality. The snow doesn't stand a chance}:)

id="quote">
id="quote">Ditto!dOd

Originally posted by B10Dave

Sam; can you spell SPOILED ROTTEN ? Don't mind me. It's just my jealousy showing...Dave

id="quote">Been here at this place for 17 years now , moving snow off a rural 600' drive as well as a 70' x 30' shed lot. Used to have just 1 snow removal machine. In the 3rd or 4th year the 2 stage snowblower on a Wheel horse blew up on me. Luckily I happened to have a 3416 Simplicity sitting in the back of the shed and a 42" blower on one of the shelves. Worked all night to get that outfit together and running. Saved my bacon that year. 2 years later the engine in the Wheel horse tractor I was using to blow snow blew up. After that I switched over to Simplicity and have pretty much had at least 2 tractors set up each year just in case, and have always had a cab on the blowing tractor after about the 4th year.The rear panel at the moment is just a snap in vinyl panel. When I get a little more caught up with my finances, I would like to buy the hard rear panel with real glass and a wiper. It hooks and locks into some catches and latches on the rear frame of the cab.

What? No heated cup holder for the coffee or hot chocolate mug? }:)

Every time something breaks on one of mine I threaten to do the same, until I look at pricing and get sticker shock. $

But yesterday laying on the cold concrete pulling the blown M-18 out of the 917 has got me thinking again sm00

Nice set-up on the Kubota, what engine?