Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

7116 Update

Chris727

I thought some;) might like an update on my 7116 bought at the 2013 Ice Cream Social. Its been through a few states, a few owners, a few wiring harnesses, a few layers of paint, etc. It may have seen more highway miles than my truck. It ran when purchased but didn't charge and you had to ground a wire on the side of the dash to kill it.

IMG_0155.jpg

I finally got the tractor back to the house this summer and began cleaning it up. First I replaced the voltage regulator as I had a known good one on the shelf. The tractor was now charging. The tractor sat for some time again and I had to clean the carb. I removed the tank and flushed it. Ran new fuel lines, new fuel filter, new air filter. The top of the carb was warped and leaking. I installed a good used carb top. I also decided to investigate the lack of proper shut down. The harness had lots of extra wires. I located the wire I believed should be installed at the engine kill wire. Turned out it was putting 12 volts to the enginesm02. I found the tractor had the wrong ignition switch in it (was for a 7000 series with a Kohler). I completely removed the wiring harness and installed a good harness I bought off eBay years ago. Installed a new 178280 ignition switch. I ran and drove the machine this afternoon and am very pleased with it. Always wanted a 7116:D

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg.5ec65ca162d031056eddf1529b6fb046.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg.05de15f1d6cd0ff5d73dd90e0d3d6a9c.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg.12b40bc044c2acd2419325f2aabf3669.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PhanDad
    • Talntedmrgreen
    • chrislackey1974
    • BLT
    • bnolt
    • DaveTenney
    • tamurmueen
    • s_stephen
    • ParkerBarker
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Willman
      Willman
      (35 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 2 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts