Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7116 Update

Chris727

I thought some;) might like an update on my 7116 bought at the 2013 Ice Cream Social. Its been through a few states, a few owners, a few wiring harnesses, a few layers of paint, etc. It may have seen more highway miles than my truck. It ran when purchased but didn't charge and you had to ground a wire on the side of the dash to kill it.

IMG_0155.jpg

I finally got the tractor back to the house this summer and began cleaning it up. First I replaced the voltage regulator as I had a known good one on the shelf. The tractor was now charging. The tractor sat for some time again and I had to clean the carb. I removed the tank and flushed it. Ran new fuel lines, new fuel filter, new air filter. The top of the carb was warped and leaking. I installed a good used carb top. I also decided to investigate the lack of proper shut down. The harness had lots of extra wires. I located the wire I believed should be installed at the engine kill wire. Turned out it was putting 12 volts to the enginesm02. I found the tractor had the wrong ignition switch in it (was for a 7000 series with a Kohler). I completely removed the wiring harness and installed a good harness I bought off eBay years ago. Installed a new 178280 ignition switch. I ran and drove the machine this afternoon and am very pleased with it. Always wanted a 7116:D

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg.5ec65ca162d031056eddf1529b6fb046.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg.05de15f1d6cd0ff5d73dd90e0d3d6a9c.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg.12b40bc044c2acd2419325f2aabf3669.jpg

Thanks guys. I gave it a little work again this weekend. Next task will be replacing the head gasket and installing a new headlight wiring harness.