Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bruker

Poor mans PS on a PS tractor?

Bruker

I know it's redundant but has anyone ever put the Poor mans PS mod on a tractor that has real PS? Probably wouldn't help much with the steering but it would definitely help with wear.

PeppyDan

I have not done it YET but it will be getting done on my early Sunstar loader tractor as soon as I change the front end to the parts used on the later versions machines which are improved greatly for durability.

Dan

PhanDad

I have Poorman's PS on my 75th that has spool PS.

But that's because I did the Poorman's PS modification before I installed the spool PS kit.

Never had a PS tractor before, so I don't know if the Poorman's makes a difference with "real" PS, but I doubt it does.

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

I was under the impression that "poor man's power steering " was a spinner knob added to the steering wheel!:D

id="quote">
id="quote">Another feature I add to all my PS machines! ;)

DanD

I put it on my dad's PS Sovereign when I had the front end apart for other reasons anyway. As stated.it doesn't make any difference in steering effort, just wear on front components. didn't cost much to order the parts since I was placing the order for my old non ps sovereign anyway.