Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TimJr

Triad engine mount plate

TimJr

This isn't exactly the right place to put this, but I don't know where else to post it. There was a want ad posted in the last month by someone needing the engine mount plate 1716896 to put a Triad in a Sovereign. Did you find your part? I may have one, I just need to look for it and meant to get a hold of you to tell you that I may have it. If you found one, great. If not, PM or email me and then I will go treasure hunting. I didn't want to put a for sale ad up, because I haven't put my hand on the part yet. It's cold, and I don't feel like digging around for it in storage if I don't need to. Tim

maxwood

Hello, I have repowered 2 sovereigns using the triad mounting plate it centers the engine, and also raises it up the proper amount. When I got my year 2001 sovereign wth bad triad, I wish I had saved the muffler as well, it could have been refitted to most any other engine with some fabricating and welding. So dont throw those items away .

Thanks Ken in Mi

b52c130

TimJr,

Thanks for thinking about me and the Triad Mounting Plate. I took the ad down Sunday night when a club member said that he was going to mail the one that I bought from him on Monday morning. Hopefully it will arrive in the next few days.

The Triad mounting plates are likely to become popular items soon. I am going to use one to re-power a 7114H with a Harbor Freight Predator V-Twin C-Honda GX670 knock-off. I bought one about two weeks ago using a 25% off coupon that someone posted. Net cost was $558 including shipping and sales tax - I just could not pass up the price.

I have 3 Chinese Quads with 250 CC and 110 CC "LiFan" engines in them and the Lifan engines seem to be very high quality - I think that Harbor Freight's Predator engines are made by LiFan. At any rate, I couldn't pass up the price.

I bought the 7114H brand new almost 30 years ago and hated the power pulse of the single cylinder engine from day one. After 30 years, I decided for $558 I would take the chance to try to get some smooth quiet power - only time will tell !!

Thanks, Dale

TimJr

No problem, I had seen the ad, but didn't get out to my storage to look for it. Then, when I popped on here again to see if the ad was there, it was gone - so I figured I missed it. Good luck with your project. Tim