Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mystery 7010

1978Simplicity7016H

I have had this tractor for about a year now, but I still don't know very much about what it is. It has the hood decal of a early 7100 series, the actual hood of a 7000, the front grill of like a 3415, the "7010" decals on the side of the hood like a 1978 7010, and the landlord decal on the seat deck of a 1975-1976 ish landlord. You might think is redone, but I think it is some sort of early production model.

Oh, and it has a white mower deck. And get this, it has a newer motor, don't remember the year on the code, but has the starter/generator motor. (It still is the same style of motor a 7010 would have originally) No points, condenser, not even the box. And no regulator. If somebody did repaint this, they did a very good job.:)

It has had many transplants...lol. Not suprising to see 2 bad ones made into one good one. Just enjoy it and work it. Thats what it was made to do!:D

Pictures for the class;

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image8.jpg

In my opinion that is a 1975 7010 with some repro hood decals.The '74 had the waffle grill with the square screen, in '75 the screen was made with smaller circular holes which yours has. In '76 the hood was replaced with the square lights model.The seatpan has the short block letters LANDLORD, which was only done in '75, '74 would have "Simplicity 3410" in a black background and '76 would have stripes and "Simplicity" across the back. I believe '77 would have started the "Simplicity, an Allis Chalmers Company" across the back. The frame has both bungs for the 6-speed/shuttle/vickers [top] and the sunstrand [bottom], this was only done in '75 forward with the introduction of the sunstrand.It's clearly not the stretched 7100/900 frame.The running boards are on the wrong side of the frame so someone had them off. Proves nothing but that someone has wrenched on it.If the model decal is still visible we could run that and see what that says. My suspicion is that it will read 1690016.

image4.jpg.3c572aeb9319d39b20e942eba7880c15.jpg

image5.jpg.1d4b69e833fee828cf1c121f500b557f.jpg

image8.jpg.a675f54e2872cbb5ecfa389d58963506.jpg

Oh yes, about the running boards, they were like that when I got it. I put them back the way they are supposed to. These are older pictures. THANKS BRIAN!

Brian hit the nail on the head. Looks like a 75 model 7010' maybe '76. Those decals are old enough that they are probably OEM decals but we're bough after the fact, maybe when originals were NLA. The hood stripes are from a 6200 series.

I always had a feeling it might be a tractor that a dealer reconditioned. The only thing is that there is a dealer decal on the top of the hood. Maxinkukee Home Supply. My dad worked there and the dealer transitioned into Culver Power Equipment. My dad owns and runs it now. Back to what I was saying. My dad has no clue what it is and he says they never re-conditioned them. When I get home I will get the model number. It is written in magic marker along the seat deck bracket.

Definetely not a prototype. Just a mix and match tractor. It's easy to bolt stuff from early and later machines onto stuff. I agree with the hood decals being from the 1980's 6000 series. The non-points engine block is for sure not original - Magnetron iron Briggs didn't happen until 1981 or so.

If it all works, be happy and use it. I think most of us have a mutt tractor that we wouldn't want to give up. I have a Broadmoor 717 that was literally dragged out of a junkyard and revived with a number of parts from other machines, and new parts when necessary. It looks fairly original, but I know it isn't. I also don't care on that one - I enjoy having one that I am not afraid to use.

Yes, I am not saying that I don't like this tractor because of its looks. I really do like it. I am planning to use it to mow next spring. TimJr, I know what you mean. I have a 727 Broadmoor that also was in the junk yard. I revived it to with a 8hp Briggs out of a old Snapper. Works like new. It is surprising that this tractor was just sitting there motorless, and now it useful again. Which also ties into having it as a tractor that you don't have to worry about getting a little scratch on and you don't feel like crying because of it.

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

It is a 1975 7010here's mine...all oem except the seat, rear light and headlight bulbs (w/new paint & oem decals)

DSCF4501.JPG

id="quote">
id="quote">Greg, were those decals on it when it came out of the factory? BTW, that is a sweet tractor:D

Greg, nice lookin' tractor!:D What would make that tractor is if you would find some striped decals for the seat deck. You know, like it would have original. It still looks very nice! They might be 10 horse tractors, but they sure still have a lot of power in them! :D

The hood decals are replacements but EXACTLY like the originals. and the 75' landlords didnt have the stripes. The stripes started on the 78's with the integrated headlights in the hood. She still looks good, but since this pic I've added electric lift, converted to a 6-speed trans (for snow blowing at lower speeds) and added a cab. My winter worker sm01Below is my 1978 7016...and a 1973 3416 after that

DSCF4919.JPG

DSCF4943.JPG

These are; 1973 in front and 1978 (or later) in back. and a little bit of my 7010 back in the corner Both 16hp Sovereigns, see the changes in the grill mesh and lights, paint color, stripes, etc...As much as I like the 7100 series I must say these are darn good tractors. I think the only advantage the 7100s have is the hydro lift and steering. my 7010 is still my most dependable tractor by far...

DSCF4919.JPG.60332428a7321f057b0f61363d07e61d.JPG

DSCF4943.JPG.223176cd9b1231f522fd703e264f0e1e.JPG

I'm going to go in harms way here, but aren't those hood decals wrong for 1975?I was under the impression that '75 was the year of the system tractors.

cover.jpg

quote:Originally posted by TimJr

If it all works, be happy and use it. I think most of us have a mutt tractor that we wouldn't want to give up. I have a Broadmoor 717 that was literally dragged out of a junkyard and revived with a number of parts from other machines, and new parts when necessary. It looks fairly original, but I know it isn't. I also don't care on that one - I enjoy having one that I am not afraid to use.

id="quote">
id="quote">I have a 3112 that I bought from a scrapyard. It didn't have any tires. It was half buried in the dirt. I repainted it and now it is part of my collection. I don't have recent pictures but I will post some tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by drbrian722

I'm going to go in harms way here, but aren't those hood decals wrong for 1975?I was under the impression that '75 was the year of the system tractors.

cover.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">Yep Brian. My '75 Baron and my 5010 Broadmoor were "System" tractors with the hood decals wrapping over the top of the hood. I believe the O.P.'s tractor is a System model and isn't really a mutt other than the later hood decals stuck on it. I don't think a replacement engine makes a tractor a mutt. Most of mine have replacement engines.

Are these "System" tractors rare? I have System 7016 and I don't see a LOT of them. I'm not saying RARE RARE, but not as common as the other Simplicity series? I think they were only made for two years. The only sad thing is mine has a loader on it. I don't use it as much as I have to because of wear and tear, but when I do it is nice to have around. I am still looking for a nice Ford backhoe. Preferably a 555. If I found one I would probably take the loader off.

As I understand it the "system" decals were only used when the models first came out at the begining of 1975. later they were not used...so the "systems" are a bit more rare but I've never seen that fetch any more $ since its just a decal. Our simpletractors page doesn't show the late 75 thru 77 models. likely because there were no changes other than dropping the system decals sm01

Here is another interesting link to help date our tractors:

http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/made_when.htm

quote:Originally posted by Chris727
Originally posted by drbrian722

cover.jpg

id="quote">id="quote">Yep Brian. My '75 Baron and my 5010 Broadmoor were "System" tractors with the hood decals wrapping over the top of the hood. I believe the O.P.'s tractor is a System model and isn't really a mutt other than the later hood decals stuck on it. I don't think a replacement engine makes a tractor a mutt. Most of mine have replacement engines.[/quoteYou gotta love the guys blowing snow in the background of this ad![:D].I would not mind blowing snow so bad if it was sunny and 75 degrees!dOd