Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mystery 7010

1978Simplicity7016H

I would say the "System" tractors are far less common. I have seen a few of each of the models, but not like earlier or later versions. I didn't realize they didn't get the stickers for a whole model year.

I didn't mean "mutt" to be too negative, but if it isn't the right engine down to the numbers, it's a mix and match. Not pointing that out takes away the value both literally and figuratively of an original tractor or a proper restoration that does have the correct or original engine. It just gets to me on how often a "restored" FDT tractor from the 1960's has a 1980's Magnetron 16hp iron engine in it. Useful and maybe even more practical than restoring a lettered Briggs engine, I would call it redone, but not restored. Some of the restorations our members have done are wonderful, and dealing with finding the proper parts for engines from the 1960's is not nearly as easy as it used to be and those restorations deserve to be called just that - a restoration. I still love my mutt too. It's reliable and gets the jobs done for me. Tim

Greg's tractor would be the only original I have seen with a pre '77 hood but '77 and newer decals. It would be the rare one. Can anyone confirm with some '76 sales literature?