Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Reproduction Parts

Kent

I've just created a push-pinned topic in the Commonly Asked Questions and Answers forum to try to consolidate a list of NLA parts that our club members are fabricating and offering for sale.

Please use this topic as a "master list" and help us get the word out on these items and the valuable service that our members are providing to others.

Items that immediately come to mind are right-hand lift levers, Brinly-style hitches, "coffee-can" mufflers, high/low pivots and bearings, headlight brackets, and I'm sure there's many more...

Note that "custom" mods/add-ons for these machines are welcome also, such as weight racks, light bars, etc.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=144007

• Like 1

IMHO this would be neat if listed in the classifieds under vendors of reproduction or fabricated parts OEM/NLA since they are selling something we might be looking for. If I were looking, the classifieds would be my first choice to look. It appears I have repeated what others stated in another post.

As Dave states, the classified ads are automatically deleted after 30 days. I was just trying to find a permanent place for folks to post their offerings -- that is visible to everyone (registers users, members and visitors). Tech Tips, for example, is not visible to everyone.

quote:Originally posted by torquedoff

I see now how my wanted ad disappeared. Didn't seem like thirty days.I didn't know that.

id="quote">
id="quote">We did that because people wouldn't come back and delete their ads after something sold, or after they found their wanted part -- so, the classifieds ads were constantly full of "dead ends"...At least this way, by deleting them automatically, what's there is usually active and correct.NOTE: You can edit your ad before the 30 days is up, and it resets the clock...

Duh, you have read what the man wrote and not let the brain go on autopilot.

I couldn't find the topic in FAQ; reread the post in more detail and the topic is in "Commonly Asked Questions..." not Frequently Asked Questions.

Hello, I have made and sold a few rear lift bushings . I would list them in the reproduction parts area ,BUT they are still available for sale by dealers . I am wondering about legal issues, If I were to list them . I am not looking to do this as a business.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks Ken In Mi

I don't think there's a legal problem with making aftermarket parts similar to those still available from a dealer -- otherwise Stens, Napa, and many other businesses would be out of business...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I could use a heat shield or two myself. My B112 froze up on me several times last winter. Caused the governor to stick and over rev the engine and then the starter generator melted the bushing right out of the rear cover. Could have blown the engine.

My Landlords have not had a problem with the carb freezing up in bad weather but maybe it just wasn't the right bad weather at the time.

• 2 months later...

I am looking into reproducing sickle parts.

knife bars

the bracket that bolts to the knife bar to drive it

the pulley and bracket for the cable lift

Should know in a couple weeks and be able to figure out and post prices and pics then.

• 3 months later...

Is anyone making heat shields for the carb on the B series? I would like to prevent carb freeze-up while snowblowing. I would prefer the diagrams so I can make my own, but I'd be interested in buying one also.

• 4 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

Anyone making 23D flywheel keys?

id="quote">
id="quote">Not that I've heard. Are they NLA? do you have a part number?

• 10 months later...

Just stumbled across this thread.  I was interested in the Right hand lever idea mentioned in Kent's first post.  I have one, but what I need is the right hand quadrant, and maybe a few related parts.

Question :  Is anybody making this?

• 2 weeks later...