Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
drbrian722

Vinyl Cab Window Care

drbrian722

I picked up an exceptionally clean cab, still in the box and after a little back and forth with the original tractor cab company, got it mounted up and awaiting snow.My question is what is the best way to care for the vinyl, especially the windows?

20141130_195427604_iOS.jpg

20141203_020320391_iOS.jpg

20141203_020413537_iOS.jpg

Thanks!

20141130_195427604_iOS.jpg.bace58d228dcf5b8655cdd60c57a7f5d.jpg

20141203_020320391_iOS.jpg.e6311d304fbf32fdcdf858c8573ce8f2.jpg

20141203_020413537_iOS.jpg.f2bccea49e6372cdfee4aea26473f2ed.jpg

Burntime

Pick up some flitz and polish it. It acts like rain ex! In the future if you get a scratch it will buff it out with in reason. Also works on yellowing. If the cab had been really bad use toothpaste first as its cheaper, then follow up with flitz. At least thats what I did.

Kenh

DO NOT wipe the windows when dry. Rinse them off with water to get the big chunks off and then carefully wash with a wet cloth. After they are CLEAN:D then use the conditioner of choice.

Ken

1978Simplicity7016H

Brian, I didn't know that Simplicity put the Hi-Lo lever near the dash tower. I always thought they put it below the front of the fender on the right side. I guess I never have had a tractor with the two speed pulley. At least I am pretty sure that is a Hi-Lo lever in the last picture. We learn something every day.

drbrian722

Good eye!

That's actually a 6-speed, not a Hi-Lo.

During the FDT years the Hi-Lo was available, which was a planetary reduction on the input shaft of the 3 speed transmission. A single belt ran from the BGB to the planetary, and depending on what position it was in, ran the input shaft at one of two speeds. It's lever came out from under the seat pan.

In the 700/7000 series they introduced the 6-speed which runs a stacked pulley on the BGB and the input shaft of the transmission with two belts. The pulleys are different sizes which gives you two ranges. When clutched in, that lever moves the tensioner to the selected belt and that's how you select high range or low range.

Officially, the 6 speed was never offered on the 3400, but I came across a 6 speed donor from an AC 712 and wanted the low range for tilling and deep snow.

1978Simplicity7016H

Yes, I have heard of the 6-speed transmission. I just thought it was a fancy name for the Hi-Lo option on a 3-speed transmission. Thus, making it a six speed. I've never seen one before and don't own one. Interesting.

1978Simplicity7016H

Finally got a cab! It is in pretty good shape, but the windows are very dirty. Would dishwasher soap be too strong? I read in a manual to just use your hands to clean not a material. I'll ask my dad tonight.