Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Snow blower two stage

a_sannine

I grabbed this new two stage blower tonight , I want to try to adapt it to one of my tractors, like the 7117 , I love two stage blowers , this one is a 42" heavy duty blower with electric motor , iam gonna try to fabricate the bracket .

iam sure this thing will shoot the snow 20 feet .

bi5u93.jpg

2vb9cv9.jpg

Very nice! I have the tractor that is supposed to go on, and the sub frame will give you the same mount points as the sovereign hitch. I think you'll be impressed how easy it is to fit up. All you'll need is a single pulley hitch, a belt and lift rod.

If you want to sell the sub frame pulleys, or the whole sub frame let me know, I'd love to run a thrower off my conquest.

Hey Brian

I have the lift rod / belt .

I guess u mean by the single pulley hitch , the regular blower hitch right ? if so do u have one ?

by the way I think I bought the plow from ur dad yesterday if not mistaking , Dave ,as he mentioned to me he have his son in Brookfield .

thanks for the info , and please stop by if your in Danbury .

Yes, a standard hitch. I do not have a single pulley hitch as all of my stuff is front PTO driven, but it shouldn't be too hard to come up with one. I believe Ray makes them.

Yes sir, that was my father. We've been trying to sell down some of our gear, but so far its been difficult actually selling anything. We end up keeping things for "just in case".

Where in Danbury are you? I work by the airport.

Right off exit 5 , let me know if u come across a hitch ,as I hate to cut this one to make it fit .

I pm u my number call me I might be interested in what u have for sale .

thanks

I have had a 1692040 "ladder hitch" in the classifieds for a couple months. Complete with belt, pulleys, brakes, and engagement rod.

W

I wouldn't cut that hitch, it wont work at all unless you're going to cut it into stock, and that will destroy any value to sell it to someone with a newer Simplicity if it doesn't work out as well as you hoped. I don't think any of that frame will line up correctly as a starting point either.

Grinchey, I saw that and then it fell off the classifieds, I figured it sold. Do you still have it?

This beast on my 7117 will be fun , yeah ur right iam not gonna mess with this nice hitch , i'll try to find one if no luck will have it made , I posted an add on CL yesterday I had a guy emailed me , will see how it goes .

by the way I need the switch that turns the electric motor , any ideas where to find or which will work , I see it has 4 wires .

thanks

Yes! I just did this on my Sovereign...

And used these switches;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-waterproof-DPDT-MomentaryOffMomentary-ONOFFON-Toggle-Switches-15A-12-/261332883174

They are direct replacements for the factory switch, and came with rubber boots to keep water/dust out. Depending on where you're looking in the wiring, there should only be two wires, but it's possible you're seeing power and ground as well as the two motor leads.

Like I said, if you want to sell me that hitch setup to help pay for the for the cost of the you need, I'm game. :D

Sold it.

I find the 7100/900 series to be too big and that 16HP Kohler was just too much of a shaker for me. It went to another collector who got a case of green paint fever pretty bad. I think if I go back into that size it will have to be one of the last Sovereign 18's with the v-twin Kohler and power steering.

My Duetz 917 V twin runs smooth like silk .

These late era tractors my weak point , any time they come my way I grab them , I have 7 :D

If u come across green paint spring green let me know please .

Radio Shack is another good source for switches, just as an FYI. But git 'em whilst the gittin's good, because I don't think ol' Radio Shack is much longer for this world. If they are still around in a few years I will be a bit surprised.

Brian, you would like the later models if the 900/7100 feels too big. The later ones seat you up higher and have a lower hood front. They feel a bit smaller that way.

I prefer the 900/7100 over all the rest though....love the low-slung seat position and tall, long hood. PS makes them a dream come true! (To me!) =)

Brett, that's truth about radio shack! I went there originally and they didn't have any DPDT switches! They were basically a cell phone store.

quote:Originally posted by tweinke

Radio Shack....... You've got questions we've got blank stares.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks, coffee just came out of my nose!:D

Burntime, glad I could help out!:D I sure miss the days when Radio Shack actually carried a lot of common electronic parts. Now if they do not stock something they tell you to order on line and pick it up at the store. Guess what save the drive ship to home. I think customer service is getting to be a thing of the past. Ok now that I have moved this way off topic, can't wait to see that blower mounted up and a review of how it works!

this is gone , sold it on ebay , went like hot cake , buying that Kubota, put a hole in the pocket , on the top the plow for it , it was a beautiful blower , sold to MI the guy sending his cousin who lives in NY city to pick it up shortly , it will be put for good use up there :)