Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Factory Seat Cover

drbrian722

I posted this over on the Facebook page, but I thought I would share it here.I bought the tractor lot that was on the classifieds here with the 3410S with very clean attachments and an in the box cab. The tractor itself needed a battery and the shuttle planetary was not installed correctly on the input shaft, but otherwise it's real clean. The surprise was that the tractor has a factory Simplicity seat cover.

20141129_161137405_iOS.jpg

20141129_161141202_iOS.jpg

I have never heard of one, much less seen one, but I thought it was cool.Has anyone ever seen one or know anything about it?

20141129_161137405_iOS.jpg.59b2c14003d63e015b5f6ae0cbdf785d.jpg

20141129_161141202_iOS.jpg.20d17aea627cee3496d0d9294041bccb.jpg

I have had a couple of those seat cover come through my dealings but never realized they were a Simplicity brand cover. I will need to take a look to see if I still have any.

Dan

Cant say I have ever seen one of those before. Wonder if that is the factory seat it is intended to fit? Doesnt appear to fit well, but I love the material! Is it leather?

The seat underneath isn't in as good a shape as I had hoped, but it certainly isn't the worst one I've seen, and it is factory.

There is no pouch on the back, and it seems to be some kind of heavy vinyl. However it does feel like leather was what they were shooting for in terms of feel.

I have an original Allis Chalmers seat cover. It is black in color. I don't believe it has a tag on it, but I'm not sure. It was used on my 710 Six Speed, years ago, and is not currently installed on a seat. It's made of a very heavy vinyl, has a draw string for fit, and shows not much wear considering it was in use for about 20 years. These are very well made and protect the seat very well.