Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sweepster conversion finished

locknut

Fantastic! I'd love to give that a go in person to compare with the shaft drive I'm used to. Very cool!

That is a sweeeet lookin outfit you have there! I love the orange brush cover, is that painted with a flexible paint or just standard paint?

Dan

Carl,you can stop by anytime you're in Greensburg.Gimme a call at 593/6084. Wouldn't mind seeing your Herd sometime.Lotsa nice stuff!

quote:Originally posted by PeppyDan

That is a sweeeet lookin outfit you have there! I love the orange brush cover, is that painted with a flexible paint or just standard paint?Dan

id="quote">
id="quote">Actually both.First coat was Fusion orange,then simplicity rattle can over that.Don't allow any yellow or green on this property :D

Originally posted by locknut
quote:
id="quote">It looks like that method worked great! I would be interested to know how well the paint holds up and may just need to try that on my sweepster hood just to get rid of the yellow but may need to have a little spring green:D!

Originally posted by PeppyDan
quote:
id="quote">It looks like that method worked great! I would be interested to know how well the paint holds up and may just need to try that on my sweepster hood just to get rid of the yellow but may need to have a little spring green:D!
id="quote">id="quote">It does chip easily,but I think that was my fault.Overcoated with the enamel within 24 hrs and read later on,on the fusion can, it takes 2 weeks to bond well.So,if you do it wait 2 weeks for the Fusion to dry.

Originally posted by locknut
quote:
id="quote">id="quote">It does chip easily,but I think that was my fault.Overcoated with the enamel within 24 hrs and read later on,on the fusion can, it takes 2 weeks to bond well.So,if you do it wait 2 weeks for the Fusion to dry.
id="quote">id="quote">Thanks for the tip!Dan

Just to add a little something;I hauled the rig today on my 10ft aluminum trailer pulled by the Escape Hybrid and I could tell I have some serious weight back there.So,when I went to the Co-op to get my propane tank filled I asked the attendant if there was a chance to get something weighed on that big scale out front they use for semi tralers.He said "Sure,it's available 24/7.Just pull something up on it and walk up to that widow over there and you can see the digital readout.We leave the thing on so truckers can stop by before we open and weigh their rigs." I thought WOW,I coulda been using this thing for a long time!

I knew It was over my 1700 lb trailer payload rating by a good margin.

2140 lbs! I need a bigger trailer!

quote:Originally posted by locknut

Just to add a little something;I hauled the rig today on my 10ft aluminum trailer pulled by the Escape Hybrid and I could tell I have some serious weight back there.So,when I went to the Co-op to get my propane tank filled I asked the attendant if there was a chance to get something weighed on that big scale out front they use for semi tralers.He said "Sure,it's available 24/7.Just pull something up on it and walk up to that widow over there and you can see the digital readout.We leave the thing on so truckers can stop by before we open and weigh their rigs." I thought WOW,I coulda been using this thing for a long time!I knew It was over my 1700 lb trailer payload rating by a good margin.2140 lbs! I need a bigger trailer!

id="quote">
id="quote">

• 1 month later...
quote:Originally posted by locknut

I finally had a chance to use the broom.Does a nice job,wish we'd get some more snow.Need more seat time on this rig!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qom5CW9vjkM&x-yt-ts=1422327029&x-yt-cl=84838260&feature=player_detailpage

id="quote">
id="quote">Tell me about it...November was The End of Times, or so it seemed from the torrent of snowfall, and then December and Janaury gave is very little, yet still cold. If it's going to be cold, I want to play in the snow dOdThe forecast appears to be waking up for us this coming week. A pattern of every-other-day snows looks to be coming.

Nice work Greg, I could see that rig on my 400 foot driveway, put it on at th end of gras season, to scre the leaves away (not to disturb the loose gravel, and leave it on to the Spring! dOd

How much counter weight does it take to get it off the ground?

Wayne

Originally posted by GrincheyOne

Nice work Greg, I could see that rig on my 400 foot driveway, put it on at th end of grass season, to scare the leaves away (not to disturb the loose gravel, and leave it on to the Spring! dOdHow much counter weight does it take to get it off the ground?Wayne

quote:Originally posted by GrincheyOne
Originally posted by GrincheyOne

Nice work Greg, I could see that rig on my 400 foot driveway, put it on at th end of grass season, to scare the leaves away (not to disturb the loose gravel, and leave it on to the Spring! dOdHow much counter weight does it take to get it off the ground?Wayne

id="quote">id="quote">I really don't know on the counterweight.I already had the tractor weighted heavy in the back for hill mowing,with probably an extra 400 lbs over stock weight.Then with the cab probably around 1400 on the rear.The broom and hydraulic power pack I'm guessing weighs around 350-400 lbs.Don't notice any lack of traction.Looks like I'm going to get some more seat time with snow moving in Sunday.