Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

T-12 ready to plow

rfsmith1952

T-12 aka "Christine" is now ready to plow. Long story on that tractor. Thanks to Phandad for the deck..she cut great all season, only a broken spring and one idler pulley. Thanks to JimDK who is Christine's Guardian Angel. I got the plow for less than $60.00. So we'll see. T-10 aka Rhonda is also on standby to plow. If Christine plows ok then I'm gonna put the blower on Rhonda. Never got to use that yet. Thanks club members for all you help.

ChristinePlowslite.jpg

ChristinePlowslite.jpg.4789f88ab12e6a9954b1acd5ed58035c.jpg

Bob,Great to hear the deck worked OK for you. Also good to see you're ready to plow. But, there's always a but. You have the hitch pinned to the tractor at the wrong location. You use the rear holes, not the front holes of the mounting plates as shown in the blade manual:

Hitch_Mtg_Point.JPG

I see you're using an extra long lift bar; I don't think the stock one would be long enough. Also, for reference, here's a pic of my 46" blade mounted on my T-12:

Homelite_0004.jpg

I think you'll like plowing better with the blade not so far out front of the tractor. Since I have you're email, I've sent you a copy of the blade manual for reference.

Hitch_Mtg_Point.JPG.cfd374f27aa7493476918a1febfeb491.JPG

Homelite_0004.jpg.ee010acc88e4cccd79ab6df8cce2138d.jpg

I thought it looked kinda funny. On the T-10 you use the rear holes too. Also, I don't think you can angle the blade from the tractor seat with this one.