Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Rattle Can Paint - Great Price

b52c130

Just an FYI for those of you that paint "Simplicity Orange" with rattle cans - the Chevy Red Orange Engine Paint, Rust-Oleum #248947 can be had at Zoro.com for $3.90 a can (plus tax) with FREE Shipping until 12/24. As suggested elsewhere, sometimes shade variations can exist between "Lot" numbers. A "case" is six cans (that way you know that all the cans have the same lot number). I ordered 6 cans two days ago and today the "little brown truck" showed up with the case of paint - what a deal for $23.40 plus sales tax !!! Not meant to be a "sales plug" - just a great price due to the free shipping until Christmas.

b52c130 - Dale

I'm not a dues paying member so I can't post pics but I think that the Ace brand Allis Chalmers Orange Spary Cans are a pretty good match.

quote:Originally posted by Tomwendt

you're right ace is the place but it takes a long time to dry.

id="quote">
id="quote">You got that right it takes FOREVER for that paint to dry.

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

I'm not a dues paying member so I can't post pics but I think that the Ace brand Allis Chalmers Orange Spary Cans are a pretty good match.

id="quote">
id="quote">There is not much "dryer" in the "rattle cans" to enhance the shelf life. The ACE AC orange is not too bad for the newer machines, but I do see an acceptable match of the Rust-oleum Chevy red-orange for the '60s, and earlier machines. IMHOWaynedOd

id="quote">
id="quote">You can post pictures. Read the link below. It is a stickey at the top of this forum.http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119527

id="quote">
id="quote">10.00= cheap thrills!sm00

Will the pictures show right on this page or will they be on a link to a website? In simple terms, I need help. With the posting pictures from a host site like to sticky document says