Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just bought a Sovereign 3415 H need help

NCTyphoonKid

Hey guys,

I just picked up a 3415 H Sovereign this evening for 240 bucks. Its pretty complete but have a couple issues.. The first thing is its been sitting for a year supposedly and I've put a battery in it and the GEN light does not light up when you turn the key over nor does the key activate the starter solenoid but I've jumped it at the solenoid with a screwdriver and its getting a good strong spark and I almost had it running tonight I think but could not find any starting fluid :(. What all should I check for before adding starting fluid/gas (there's no gas in the tank)? Does the key problem sound like a bad ignition switch?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NCTyphoonKid

• Brettw

• Simplicity7013H

• alec

The PTO Lever/s must be in the off position, and the Transmission hydro lever must be in the neutral position. Those are the only nanny switches I am aware of on that model.

If all of that is good, I would begin by checking all of the connections to make sure they are clean and tight.

Just to see if it fires, you can remove the air cleaner squirt a small amount of gasoline in the throat of the intake, replace the air cleaner (to protect yourself against backfire) and try spinning it over.

Alright cool I picked up some carb cleaner and starting fluid on my lunch break and I'm gonna mess with it when I get home from work this evening. What are people doing for headlights on these? All 4 bulbs are gone and there like 25 bucks a piece on eBay are there any cheaper alternatives?

Well I got it to run for about 5-10 secs on starting fluid, carb is a bit leaky but from what I've read it seems a lot of them do which is probably why it has a in-line fuel shutoff. I'm at a loss with why the key won't work. I really want to get it up and running though i'm planning on moving this spring and want to use it I don't want a plastic piece of junk and the older ones look so good. Where should I start?

00C0C_dDFNsR2HkLr_600x450_zps968b70ae.jpg

00000_753H33EWZos_600x450_zps9839ce55.jpg

I would first check the headlight circuit. The bulbs may be fine. And a t $25 bux each, I would make sure they were burned out before I even thought about anything else. I check headlights with a battery charger or battery first.

Wait 'till ya throw out 4 "bad" bulbs at $25 ea. and then find out it is the lighting circuit! :Owah

The first place I would start with at least in the electrical department is to thoroughly clean all the connections throughout the tractor including the key switch.

Dan

Well I decided to mess with it tonight I got it to run for about 15 secs and it runs good, the hydro trans works as well, pretty sure I'm going to have to get the carb rebuilt on it it won't suck the gas out of the tank I cleaned the fuel filter but didn't help it any and yes the fuel shutoff valve was open.

I'd remove the tank and clean it good. Might as well replace the fuel line and shut off. Round here they$ 2.50. Clean the carb and get it running well. Once you have it running good you can work on the electrical. Also I don't have any hydro's but pretty sure you'll want to change fluid and filter. But I still start with getting it running good first.

I'm going to do the wiring probably after I can keep it up and running I would like to add some conduit in a couple places. Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for this sovereign? I left the fuel shutoff open when I went in the house an went back out a few mins later and it's getting gas to the carb now so I turned the shutoff off an decided ill mess with it hopefully when I get off work hopefully ill get off early and won't have to work with crappy lighting from my iPhone 4 work phone. I'm looking at possibly buying a couple more this hobby is afflicting like cars and trucks I can already tell lol

Anyone know where I can get a back light for it that mounts on the seatpan where the hole is for it? This one is kinda different compared to the other 3415 I had the other one had the hour meter

Where is the best place to get a carb rebuild kit for my sovereign? I'm pretty positive it can defiantly use a rebuild or at least new seals, its the original carb and the original engine, I love this little tractor and I'm eager to get it up and running.

I was hoping to try and get on online because of my work schedule I did get it to finally run an I drove it around for about an hour, it'll only run if I have the choke half way out and I think the carb needs adjusting any good how to's on that? I haven't tried to engage the pto to engage the deck ill prob spray everything on that before I try to engage the blades, very happy with the progress so far and I'm looking at a couple more simplicity's to get... The bug has gotten me again

Messed with some more today but still have to have the choke out for it to run and the deck seems to be seized up anyone have any tips for getting that unseized?