Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Sovereign 18

a_sannine

I'm not an rbt guy but I recall reading something about a difference between early shaft diameters and later. I'm sure someone with more info will come along.

Both hydrostatic .

from photos on hand I received from the guy selling it , it looks a thicker shaft .

tried eaby , nothing there .

I believe it will fit the diameter difference is the threads on the end. You can look up the 2 parts manuals & see if the part numbers are the same.

I am only aware of 2 shaft size/type on the large frame tractors, the 3/4" for early no clutch 2 belt pto tractors and the 7/8" cone clutch bgb tractors. Currently I'm running the bgb from a 3416H, the cone/pulley assembly from a AC716 6 speed and a 912 AC clutch drum on my 16hp Briggs start/gen powered 912AC Hydro with the 3416H trans drive pulley. Rule of thumb cone clutch to cone clutch bgb parts interchange as far as I've seen.

It will fit fine. In '77 they changed the threaded portion to a 3/4" from the step down shaft at the cone clutch. This was done strictly for torque purposes of the nut holding the clutch. All the internals and overall dimensions of the shaft are the same.

thanks for the info guys , unfortunately this one I was looking to buy the shaft needs to be replaced as it is worn , I don't know how that happen , but it is not salvageable