Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pictures from Photo Bucket

B10Dave

CC Ray; could you please explain to the people posting pics from Photo Bucket how to do it without widening out the post and making everyone have to scroll right to see each pic. It is getting so bad that I almost hate to open a new thread with pics...Thanks...Dave

Ya know, I use photobucket exclusively for my picture posting, and as far as I can tell from viewing, I have none of the symptoms I believe Dave is describing (and I share his anguish)

I cant really say for sure, just how folks get things so out of whack?

quote:Originally posted by B10Dave

CC Ray; could you please explain to the people posting pics from Photo Bucket how to do it without widening out the post and making everyone have to scroll right to see each pic. It is getting so bad that I almost hate to open a new thread with pics...Thanks...Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">That situation arises, I believe - at least from personal experience, because the people have their cameras set to at too high a resolution or size. When they post the pictures at the larger sizes it messes up the screen layout. Everyone can resize their photos on the photobucket site itself, but its a whole lot easier to read the camera instructions and set the camera to take 640x480 pictures from the start.

My preference is for the highest res possible on my camera, and photobucket has an option for selecting the size of your uploaded photos. So, my pictures are huge, should I decide to print them or share via email to display fine detail, but anything I load to photobucket is automatically prepped for posting online.

Also, if I do upload one as a full size image, I can post that here without the issue Dave is describing....that issue is some sort of user error in which type of link is pasted or how it is brought into a post. Large images are a secondary issue. Images that appear far to the right is different.

What are the different options on Photobucket to share pictures? It's when they're pasted in as a link that the problem arises. Maybe there's an option that doesn't cause problems that we can recommend.

First you will need to resize the pictures in the photo bucket editor.

There is a link to the photo on photobucket that appears in this format:

LINK (photo appears here) URL

media/imagejpg2_zpse49e4dd5.jpg.html'>id="yellow">

imagejpg2_zpse49e4dd5.jpg

To solve this delete what is shown in yellow

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

First you will need to resize the pictures in the photo bucket editor.There is a link to the photo on photobucket that appears in this format:LINK (photo appears here) URLid="yellow">imagejpg2_zpse49e4dd5.jpgTo solve this delete what is shown in yellow

id="quote">
id="quote">That is what the moderators have been doing to clean the posts up. Is there a way to embed a picture that doesn't automatically try to put the URL link in there?

Something has changed ,for me anyway,about the last year between this site and p-bucket.Here's a link to an archived thread and the layout/pic was just fine.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=121421&SearchTerms=deck

I have no problem with two other sites where I post pics using the IMG tagged links.I've tried to fix this issue myself to no avail.

All pics from p-bucket are resized aautomatically to 640 x 480.

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

First you will need to resize the pictures in the photo bucket editor.There is a link to the photo on photobucket that appears in this format:LINK (photo appears here) id="yellow">

imagejpg2_zpse49e4dd5.jpg
To solve this delete what is shown in yellow
id="quote">
id="quote">You can also take out the URL's and then center it if you want. It just takes some editing, reviewing and revising before you post it.;)

Dave, I have never used photo bucket. I have always used the paper clip icon since I always have been a paying member. I think BLT has explained it well.

quote:Originally posted by RayS

Dave, I have never used photo bucket. I have always used the paper clip icon since I always have been a paying member. I think BLT has explained it well.

id="quote">
id="quote">Yup. He has.

Here's a few screenshots...easiest way to insert images from photobucket (or any online photo, for that matter), is to use the 'direct' image url, then simply insert it within one of these types of insertion tools:

ImageInsertion.jpg

You will get yourself into trouble using the other types of links...use the bare bones address for the online image. You can copy and paste any image address using this same method. For instance, if you want to 'borrow' a craigslist image, an image from another site or forum, ebay, etc. Just stick it's address between these, and you will see the image appear in your post.Here's an example...the 'direct' link from photobucket is inserted into a post here. I show the photobucket page, the reply page on ST, and the resulting post.

photobucketlinks.jpg

Imageinserted.jpg

ImageInsertedcomplete.jpg

Using this method, the pictures I took with my camera are of hi-res and stay that way for any other use, or I can delete them. The photos are of appropriate forum size, and I will never have to resize or upload, here or anywhere else on the net. A great time saver is to build a post, like a classified ad, and simply copy and paste it, in it's entirety to 1, 2 3 or however many other forums without uploads or rebuilding the post. Photobucket also works as an editor, and you can keep various versions of each photo, without taking up storage space on your computer. It's free, but there is a cap to how much you can save, before you need to buy space. I have around 3400 pictures out there. There are numerous ways you can sort them, search them, edit them, view them, there's a great phone app, and you can set automatic or manual upload options. It does video & slideshows as well.