Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Uploading pictures

TheLawnMowerMan

Have a question about uploading pictures. I looked at the way the post about how to upload pictures, and on my message box doesn't have the paperclip icon on it. How do I post pictures the correct way?

Ed is correct that paying members only may post pictures and have the paperclip. Non-paying members can indirectly post pictures by linking to a hosting service like PhotoBucket or other Web location where their pictures are stored.

I used photo bucket and apparently when I posted them with it, I upset someone. I don't know what I did wrong when I posted them, but I never expected someone to get upset that I shared my pictures.

I think you have made an assumption that someone is upset with YOU. I doubt that is the case. Everyone learns the tricks to posting in online forums at some point. Your posts with photobucket links probably just need some fine tuning so the post are easy to read. With various internet browsers and so many folks now using smartphones and tablets, format is important or folks cant see your great pics!

quote:Originally posted by TheLawnMowerMan

I used photo bucket and apparently when I posted them with it, I upset someone. I don't know what I did wrong when I posted them, but I never expected someone to get upset that I shared my pictures.

id="quote">
id="quote">I don't think you personally upset anyone. You just happened to be "the last straw" so to speak.When pictures are wider than the screen, you have to scroll sideways to see the whole picture. The wide picture makes the whole topic that wide, so after that you have to scroll sideways to read long replies.If it becomes a popular topic with lots of replies it can become very tedious.Don't take it personally, rather as constructive advice;)BTW, Welcome to the club !!

I don't use Photo bucket, so I can't be sure what's happening. But, sometimes the picture is being inserted here as a hotspot picture - a picture linked back to Photo bucket so that if you click on the picture it would take you to Photo bucket. It is that URL link that is not being handled well, and pushes the picture to the right when it is displayed here.

If there is an option in Photo bucket to share the picture as a link, DON'T use it. You want to embed the picture here, not share it as a link.