Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1965 simplicity paint

sideburns

Hi A while back I found a site that sold simplicity paint by the can .And they also had correct colors for the year of tractor.But can not find site and did not save.So I would like to find the correct color to repaint my 1965 landlord 101.thanks for any help.

Im a big fan of the ACE paint. Inexpensive, great spray coverage/pattern, and dries quickly and does not remain tacky for weeks like some others. Their AC Orange is my go to for small projects. For doing a whole tractor I think I would buy it in a quart, mix in a little red to byet me closer to Simplicity orange depending on tractor model, and add hardener

If I do anymore than just a few parts I also would recommend getting it in the gallon size. Very reasonable price. I don't have pictures but I repainted just the running boards on my 4211 and they look ALMOST exactly the same. But I suppose they could be a tad bit darker in orange

I used the Ace orange spraypaint on my 2010. it is nice paint and it lays on nice, but beware, I have had problems with the paint being different shades of orange between different batches. If you use it I recomend looking at the batch numbers printed on the bottom of the cans and buying all from the same batch.