Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CH-18 wiring Help

haykarenhardy

I am re-powering a 7112-H with a CH-18 from a Cub Cadet and need advice. I have a wiring diagram of Triad to Command that was posted here. Plan on using the cub wiring harness since it has oil pressure light and carburetor fuel shut off already there.

The triad to Command diagram shows an interlock module which I am not familiar with. Do the 7116 or 712 tractors use this? (I have them to look at) Also the transmission and pto safety switches on the 7116 and 712 I think are ground. The Cub transmission and seat safety switches are hot. I would like to switch these safety’s to ground, how would I do this?

Thank You

Stan

On some early 7100 series tractors, there were interlock modules (not as complicated as the Command/Triad) as can be seen in these wiring diagrams.Briggs:

16GTHL_Wire7116a.jpg

Kohler:

16GTHL_Wire7117a.jpg

The Simplicity safety switches usually are in a loop that if all switches are "made", the circuit goes to ground, either directly or thorough the interlock module. Without the Cub wiring diagram, I don't know how to help. From the marked up diagrams above, you can see how I removed the interlock module from the circuit and added a front electric PTO safety switch when I converted my GTHL from Briggs to Kohler using the Kohler wiring harness and new "Briggs" type ignition switch. You'll have to do something similar to get the results you want.

Edited by PhanDad
removed extra pics

What is the product number of your existing (7112)tractor. If you have 1690473. it should be easy to salvage your existing wiring and re - route a few to get the job done.

7112HWireDiargram.jpg

quote:Originally posted by haykarenhardy

BLT, the product number is tough to read, but I think it is 1690473 the last two numbers are almost goneStan

id="quote">
id="quote">Stan, provided that your current tractor harness in good shape, the attached is all you should have to do. The Bosh relay is roughly a 5-6 buc item.BT

7112WireHrnssModForCmd.jpg

quote:Originally posted by haykarenhardy

BLT New Power wire from existing solenoid to battery should be what gauge?Stan

id="quote">
id="quote">12 or 14 should suffice as you're only running maybe 24" max.

• 4 months later...

Got the engine into the 7112 and running this spring. There is a lot of work to get the command into such an old frame. Cut the frame to accommodate the command and drill mounting holes, drill a hole for the oil drain or I used a 12 inch piece of hydraulic hose. Then there is the muffler, I may be able to modify the cub cadet muffler or just buy one to fit the command and skip the hassle. Thanks to BLT and PhanDad for help with wiring and sourcing parts to get the engine to simplicity specs. I like the commands smoothness, and if I did this again I would use a newer model tractor with hydraulic lift and frame already cut out.

009.JPG

009.JPG.4e48774aa92bc049d2db152d48b40923.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Found a good used muffler from a CH-20 Sun-Star would work for my tractor. The down pipe from the sun star is to short but I had a pipe from a cub muffler that would work. I used a steel fence connector from low's to connect the two.Stan

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG.a02fde689c564e8c4c85e51570740373.JPG

• Like 1