Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC Big Ten

Picked up a Big Ten today with a snow blade and a functional 32 inch deck & original owner's manual. This unit has a hydraulic lift as original equipment. Is this a rare option?

I wouldn't say rare. They are out there. Many folks find them an add them to their tractors. The Big Ten was a one year production. I'd say the big ten is rarer than the hydrolift. But both are out there.

Post pics if you can we love seeing pictures.

The hydraulic lift essentially doubles the value, IMO. That optional package, if complete, will oftan sell for as much as a corresponding tractor without it.

quote:Originally posted by ngale65

very nice tractor. nice find. I love those originals.

id="quote">
id="quote">Nice straight tractor, but definitely a rattlecan repaint. Overspray all over the place & some decals painted right over. Depending on the price, nice original skin coulda doubled the value again, to the right folks. A great tractor though....the Big Ten is a neat model. Way, way better than mine was when I got her.

Good looking unit.

I worked part time for a Jeep dealer that sold A/C garden tractors

I don't remember ever getting one in with a hydraulic lift,we would

get the kit and install them ourselves.

It was fun working on a nice new clean tractor.

I have 7, foot draggers all but one have hydraulic lift,

I have one to put on it after a clean up and paint job.