Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ac.d17iv

1690169 Snow Blower belt

ac.d17iv

I have this 36" that came with the 4000/6000 series hitch, so I've swapped that out for the two pulley hitch to run off my front PTO on my AC 712H. What is the correct belt #? From my searching, I think it is this, but wanted to verify before getting it:

I'm also considering one from NAPA. Am I better off just buying from my Simplicity dealer? My dealer will likely need to order, they don't carry many parts for anything but new models.

DanD

That is the correct belt for the snow blower to run off the front PTO. I would get the Simplicity belt for that application because of the two 90 degree corners and twists the belt makes. I think they last longer. I have read but don't know for a fact that even the V shape of the belt is a little different on this belt due to the odd path it takes. Anyway, I have had better luck with the Simplicity belt than a regular belt in this application. It doesn't last as long as a belt in a more typical application however. I usually got a season or a season and a half out of mine before I would notice that the belt was sitting sideways in the drive pulley!

BLT

If it takes time thru your tractor dealer, an A-64 which is an "A" section (1/2") belt by 66" . NAPA stocks them or can get them quickly. If they want to sell you a green 4L66 belt , walk away from it and get the Simplicity belt. Dan is correct about fit. The 4L belts although 1/2" wide across the top, have a fatter cross section and the belt bottoms out on the pulley not allowing the "v" sides to fully grip the pulley, hence the short life. There are belts and there are belts, one belt isn't a do all.

Les

As always Bob, you are right on. I am probably the cheapest guy on this site and I no longer buy anything but a genuine Simplicity belt, had too much trouble with off brand belts.

Apologies, not probably, I am absolutely the cheapest guy on this site!