Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deutz Allis 3016S ( Simplicity CFC )

rickpilgrim

The invoice from the auction listed it as Deutz Allis 3016 mower Model 1691970 engine/driveline. Looked for owners manual and that comes up as a Simplicity CFC mower produced from 1979 to about 1985 or so. I also ordered a set of blades from the local simplicity dealer for it. Not a Sunrunner, a true zero turn using what looks like 2 Soveriegn Hydro's and a KT17-2 Kohler ( oddly rated at 16 hp).

I have seen them locally in Simplicity colors and badging. Don't know anything about them other than Simplicity did make them.

Well, I stand corrected. It is Simplicity made, just not a Sunrunner series front cut. Didn't even know they made a FC like that back then.

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

Well, I stand corrected. It is Simplicity made, just not a Sunrunner series front cut. Didn't even know they made a FC like that back then.

id="quote">
id="quote">You and me both :o)

I had seen one back in 83 or 84 when looking to purchase another Soveriegn for our business. Dealer was trying to push me into the CFC instead but at the time I valued 4 season equipment, not summer only. Besides that if my memory serves it was quite a bit more costly than a good Soveriegn with turbo vac.

Now today these CFC's painted Duetz green go for less than a good Soveriegn, and these days one season mowers are the rule here and we only have 8 customers that want Simplicity's mowing their lawn, the rest don't care what's used. Funny how things change.

I've seen them in both wheel-steering and zero-turn, two lever type steering. I've never driven one before, but I bet there fun to drive!

Fun to drive possibly but for me reliability counts more.

If you want something fun to drive try our 2006 Hustler Super walk behind 54 with bull rider sulky. 25 hp, H bar steering, dual pump and wheel motor hydro with 72% of 672lbs over the 20x10.50 x10 drive wheels. 10mph forward 5 in reverse zero turn.

Of course quality of cut is not as good with Hustler as Simplicity and you put it away in fall, don't use until next late spring while the Soveriegns lose the turbo cart and mower deck, gain chains and snow blower, in spring off with that and roto tiller on before re rigging for mowing. No zero turn Simplicity or not can do all that.