Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Frankenstein B series

ac-b12

My two boys(Jon and Jason)and I put this tractor together over Christmas vacation completely from spare parts. We took stuff from at least a dozen or more tractors in our salvage yard and from the spare parts shelves along with a thirty dollar swap meet 16 hp engine. We did spend a little money on two new belts and a carb gasket but that's it. It will get it's shakedown run this winter plowing snow and then go to work mowing at a cemetery that we take care of next summer. We just can't take anything from the collection to work like that!!

PIC ac.jpg

57e059ed92009_PICac.jpg.4d1d062186dbc94d881dee964b4d3583.jpg

Hey Ron, are those 10.5 wide tires on the back?

Just the right tool for the amount of snow (or lack of) that we have been getting.

dOd

Boy, sure looks nice. DOES NOT look like a conglomeration of parts at all. Your "collection" of spare parts looks as nice or better than my B-208 which was put together by the factory!

Good job. Nice to see the younger generation involved.:)

quote:Originally posted by PGL

Looks good. Have you figured out a "model" name for it? Would be an interesting parts list.

id="quote">
id="quote">I would think the parts list would sound something like Johnny Cash's song, One Piece At A Time!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job guys!! Good luck plowing,

I'm sure this spring "Frankenstein" will love working at the cemetery XX(.

Ditto on the shop...looks awesome

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Nice job guys!! Good luck plowing, I'm sure this spring "Frankenstein" will love working at the cemetery XX(.Ditto on the shop...looks awesome

id="quote">
id="quote">That's funny, I never even thought of the Frankensien--cemetery connection!!

Looks good for a junker. Let's see;

$30 engine

52 scrap tractor parts (#650 x .08)

40 chains

100 snow blade

-80 non OEM seat

12 fluids

$154 total

I'll give you $150 cash (include friends and family discount).

quote:Originally posted by acken

Looks good for a junker. Let's see; $30 engine 52 scrap tractor parts (#650 x .08) 40 chains 100 snow blade -80 non OEM seat 12 fluids $154 totalI'll give you $150 cash (include friends and family discount).

id="quote">
id="quote">Trade yah even up for your lathe!! That'll free up some extra space to store the tractor.