Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Squire 9

Antlers170

Hello I've done a ton of looking and cannot find a pic of a squire 9 that looks like this has anyone seen one?? the tag on seat pan reads squire 9 ..seriel and sim and also reads WARDS. Then under the simplicity logo it reads an allis chalmers Company also when typing seriel num in I always get cannot find .. I can only post one pic that's why I'm writing it like this not sure why I can't post more than one but here it is please let me no thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg.a67071806328b755f338af3e321904dd.jpg

image.jpg.c591bead7b101c216f5a8705101cfb38.jpg

Its either a Squire repainted Simplicity like colors, with a much later model decal, or its a Landlord with a Squire seatpan/serial # tag.

Yea the later was my thought also but did the landlord ever have a 23 d Briggs in them I'll have to check and it def hasn't been repainted that I can tell

It sure looks like a repaint. A squire would have been bronze, and a Landlord orange is a nit different and it would not have the 2 piece seat. Lots gets changed on these as time passes.

The 64 LL had the 23D...model #s Dan gave, as did the 64 Squire 9 and early B10.

Check the rear tires, they look to be original to a Wards. You could take the belt guard off of the seat pan, or take the foot rest off to see if there is bronze paint underneath.

I checked sat pan area and don't see anything but ther are some chipped spots in other areas and its def not bronze I mean they both are pretty similar I wonder if the pto shaft is diff sizes in them mine is a inch thick or little things like that .. But as far as the tires I thought they were exact to the wards also are the landlord bolt pattern the same ?? I'll have to check and I will take off the belt guard and take a peek

All the mechanical stuff should be the same from A Squire to a Landlord.

The only "visible" differences that I know of were paint and tires. There is a relatively good chance tires could be changed in 50 years.

There is one thing you could check, and I don't know if it will help or not.

On the Simplicity and Allis of that time frame, the seat pan was wider on one than the other. I don't remember who's was wider, and don't know which one the Squire used.

Maybe someone who has 2 or 3 of the original brands could measure the pans, inside the fenders. I think the difference was about 2 inches IIRC

My guess would be, since the A/C armrests were attached to the fender brackets, that one would be narrower. Simplicity and Wards did not have armrests, and "should" both be wider, so that detail might not help you, though the Squire did have the 2 cushion A/C style seat, so it may have used the narrow pan.

As for serial number in your original post, as far as I know, no records of serial numbers were ever published, only model numbers.

ok well I'll check into it as much as I can and see if I can find any bronze paint under something and if not I'm going with the LL I guess thank u all !!!

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

The only "visible" differences that I know of were paint and tires. There is a relatively good chance tires could be changed in 50 years.There is one thing you could check, and I don't know if it will help or not.On the Simplicity and Allis of that time frame, the seat pan was wider on one than the other. I don't remember who's was wider, and don't know which one the Squire used.Maybe someone who has 2 or 3 of the original brands could measure the pans, inside the fenders. I think the difference was about 2 inches IIRCMy guess would be, since the A/C armrests were attached to the fender brackets, that one would be narrower. Simplicity and Wards did not have armrests, and "should" both be wider, so that detail might not help you, though the Squire did have the 2 cushion A/C style seat, so it may have used the narrow pan.

id="quote">
id="quote">Dan, that's the first time I've heard of a variation in the seat pan, but I suppose it makes sense. I have noticed only my Simplicity's have a hole for the rear worklight bracket, while my B series round hoods do not, as they use the seatback mounted light bracket instead. Makes sense that would then mean the seat pans were different part numbers, and could really have any other variation made, including width. I have all 3 seatpans, and will check.I do see that he subject tractor has original Riverside tires on the rear...I'm betting some or all of this tractor was just painted orange, but is a Squire beneath.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

It sure looks like a repaint. A squire would have been bronze, and a Landlord orange is a nit different and it would not have the 2 piece seat. Lots gets changed on these as time passes. The 64 LL had the 23D...model #s Dan gave, as did the 64 Squire 9 and early B10.

id="quote">
id="quote">Josh, don't you have an orange Squire, picked up in LaPorte?

Yes the rear tires are basically new but it came with old ones witch were the same brand riverside and they were as worn as fronts