Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snowblower question

sdhdcouple

two part question:

#1 did they make a snow blower that worked of the pto that driver a mower deck?

#2 if yes than how do you tell the difference between a front pto drive blower and a mid pto drive blower?

Thanks

yes, the "hitch" will be waaayyyy longer and run all the way to the back. Broadmoor and newer tractors( i think all RBT's) use the mid pto drive

Basically 36 and 42 inch blowers are forward and backward compatible

with running board tractors, heavy frame series from about 1975 to end of production in 2000. The difference is in the PTO's. From 1975 to about 1980 were factory available with only the front PTO and from 1981 to 2000 mid pto with some models having front PTO option.

Here are two examples for reference.

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/jgEAGP_esN3tG5Exj7mRgtLvBCd6.pdf

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/jgEAGP_esN3tG5Exj7mRgtLvBCd6.pdf

ya, I can't read the id tag. On my 712H I guess where I questioning the belt tracking, is on the pto that runs off the bevel gear box, the idle pulley in front of it runs at an angle to direct the belt to the mower pulley. just don't seem like the belt would run to the front of the tractor. the two blowers in the link you provided, are those the only 2 blowers they made? for older tractors? heck winter will be over before I get it mounted to a tractor, lol

You are correct in that your 712 idler pulley is not directed for driving a snowblower. All the AC 700 series tractors were designed for the snowblower to be driven off from the front the motor PTO shaft. There are members that have modified a 700 series to work with driving a thrower from the BGB.

The snowthrowers are the same just the hitch is different.

The 900 series Allis came with a 2 position idler pulley to direct the belt to either the mower deck or angled more forward to drive the snowthrower.

seems to be 3 parts tractor (2 712 shuttle and 7012, 1 712 hydro. plow, blower, sickle bar, front mount brush cutter and tiller. Oh ya and that custom diesel puller.

Front PTO's come up on e-bay once in a while. Some have gone to an electric clutch like the Homelites used.

Post a wanted add here also.

There are ways around the problem. Depends on what hitch you have.

If it is the two pulley that is used on the 700AC's and 7000 Simplicities, probably easiest to find a front PO.

If it is the later style single pully hitch, some have sourced BGB side plate and pto tensioner/idler from a 7100 and swapped it out to get the two position idler needed.

Some have reported making the original side plate and idler work, but have never seen the set-up pictured.

Search the forum and Archieves for information on the pulley set-ups.

not sure on the hitch, but that tractor I got the brush cutter on has a front mount PTO. I forgot that till you mentioned the brush cutter. lol I even mentioned the brush cutter and didn't think of it. I wonder how much of a pain in the butt that would be to remove?

ya the brush cutter tractor is not an operational tractor at the moment, I bought it for the brush cutter and the sickle bar. it is a rusted turd sitting in the back yard giving shelter to the rabbits. I need to pull some parts off it and junk the thing.