Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Anyone try these bearings?

SmilinSam

Picked up a 90's Broadmoor cheap the other day. got to go through the 44" deck to give to my dad for his Massey to replace his 38.

Figured I'd ask for reviews if any , but for that cheap a price I should just grab some and see for myself.

drbrian722

I've bought and used those bearings from that seller (Fremont Industrial). I put them in a 42" deck and have used it for about a year now with no issues. They are made in China but the quality was above average, IMO.

When I need to do bearings on the next deck I'd buy them again.

MrSteele

I got tired of rebuilding arbors about 3 years ago, went to Motion Industries, told them made in America, Brazil or Japan. Made in Brazil, cost a lot more than those, and the deck is running as smoothly as when I put it together. As in buying tools from Harbor Freight, you get what you pay for. I had bought the last couple of sets from Sandy Lake, lasted about a year and a half. After a close inspection, the bearings had a Made in China stamped on them, figure I'll use them for idler bearings on clutches or similar, something easier to repair than the arbor aggravation. At that time, a set of Timken front wheel bearings and the arbor bearings was $210. The front wheel bearings fit a lot of other tractors, and are the same as the rear thrust bearing on a Troy Bilt tiller. I keep several of those old antiques running around here too. Well worth my money!